Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we are going to share with you a delicious recipe called Spicy Albacore Rice. This dish is perfect for anyone who loves a little bit of heat and seafood. With the help of your rice cooker, you can easily whip up this flavorful and satisfying meal in no time. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this mouth-watering recipe together! We’ve made this spicy albacore rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb albacore tuna, diced
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir until fragrant.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- Stir in the water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced albacore tuna and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the black beans, corn, and green chilies to the skillet and stir until heated through.
- When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and add the tuna mixture to the pot.
- Stir to combine and top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side.
1. First, rinse the rice until the water runs clear.2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.3. Next, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until softened.4. Then, add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir until fragrant.5. Add the rinsed rice to the pot and stir to coat with the spice mixture.6. Stir in the water and chicken broth and bring to a boil.7. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.8. Meanwhile, heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat.9. Add the diced albacore tuna and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.10. Add the drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, and diced green chilies to the skillet and stir until heated through.11. Once the rice is done, fluff with a fork and add the cooked tuna mixture to the pot.12. Stir to combine and top with chopped cilantro.13. Finally, serve hot with lime wedges on the side.
How long does spicy albacore rice last in the fridge?
Cooked spicy albacore rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days, although it is best to consume it within three days to maintain its freshness and quality. Make sure to let it cool down to room temperature before storing it in the fridge and avoid leaving it out at room temperature for more than two hours. Also, when reheating the rice, make sure to use a microwave-safe container and add some water to prevent it from drying out. Always use your best judgment when consuming leftover rice, and if it looks or smells off, it is best to discard it.
Low calorie spicy albacore rice recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, some substitutions could be made. The olive oil could be swapped for cooking spray or omitted altogether to reduce the recipe’s fat content. Additionally, the amount of rice used could be reduced or replaced with cauliflower rice to lower the carbohydrate content and calorie count. The amount of albacore tuna used could also be reduced or swapped with a lower-calorie protein source such as shrimp or chicken. Finally, using low-sodium chicken broth and draining and rinsing the black beans can further decrease the recipe’s sodium content. By making these substitutions, the recipe could be made into a healthier, lower-calorie version without sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a spicy albacore rice?
Spicy albacore rice pairs well with a variety of dishes, including crispy vegetables and a fresh salad. Stir-fried bok choy, carrots, and bell peppers add a satisfying crunch and balance out the heat of the dish. Additionally, a simple mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette can help refresh the palate between bites of the spicy rice. For a heartier meal, grilled shrimp or chicken can also make a great addition.
Whats the best sauce for a spicy albacore rice?
When it comes to finding the best sauce for spicy albacore rice, there are a few options to consider. A classic go-to sauce for spicy seafood dishes is a spicy aioli made with mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, and garlic. This sauce adds a creamy and tangy flavor that complements the spice of the albacore tuna. Another option is a soy-based sauce made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey for a sweeter and tangier taste. To enhance the flavor even more, use fresh cilantro and lime juice to add a citrusy element to the dish. Overall, the best sauce for spicy albacore rice is one that balances the heat with a complementary flavor and adds a new dimension to the dish.
Spicy albacore rice health benefits
Spicy albacore rice has several health benefits, including the high protein content of albacore tuna, the antioxidants in spicy ingredients like chili powder and jalapenos, and the whole-grain benefits of brown rice. Additionally, the rice and tuna provide essential vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, and B vitamins. However, if you would like a healthier option, you could consider a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry or a salad with grilled chicken and a variety of vegetables for added nutrients and fiber.