Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we’re excited to share with you our recipe for Chinese Pollock Rice. This easy and flavorful dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a delicious lunch. With just a few simple ingredients and your trusty rice cooker, you’ll have a tasty meal in no time. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this chinese pollock rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound pollock fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and transfer it to a large saucepan. Add the water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Cook until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the pollock to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the pollock is opaque and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the pollock and vegetables.
- Stir to coat everything evenly and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and transfer it to serving bowls.
- Top with the pollock mixture, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
How long does chinese pollock rice last in the fridge?
Chinese pollock rice can be stored in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. To ensure that the rice stays fresh for as long as possible, it should be stored in an airtight container as soon as it has cooled down to room temperature. Before refrigerating, make sure to cover the container with plastic wrap or foil. When reheating, add a small amount of water to prevent the rice from drying out. It is important to discard any leftover rice that has been stored in the fridge for longer than four days, as it may have become contaminated with bacteria and could cause foodborne illness.
Low calorie chinese pollock rice recipe substitutions
There are a few substitutions you can make to make this Chinese Pollock Rice recipe lower in calories. Firstly, you can replace white rice with brown rice or quinoa, which will add fiber, protein, and nutrients. Instead of using vegetable oil, you can use a non-stick cooking spray or substitute with a small amount of olive oil. Soy sauce can also be high in sodium, so you can use a low-sodium version or substitute with coconut aminos. Reducing the amount of brown sugar or using a calorie-free sweetener such as stevia is another option. Additionally, you can use less pollock or replace it with tofu, which is a lower calorie and lower fat protein source. Finally, skip the sesame seeds or use them sparingly to reduce the calories in this dish.
What to serve with a chinese pollock rice?
Chinese pollock rice is a tasty and nutritious dish that can be enhanced with some complementary sides. A great option is to serve it with stir-fried vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and snow peas, which will add some color and texture to the plate. Another option is to serve it with a simple salad made of cucumber, lettuce, and tomato, dressed with soy sauce and sesame oil. Additionally, you can serve some crispy spring rolls or fried wontons on the side for some added crunch and flavor. Overall, these options will make for a balanced and satisfying meal.
Whats the best sauce for a chinese pollock rice?
The best sauce for Chinese pollock rice would be a combination of oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and a splash of sesame oil. The oyster sauce adds a rich umami flavor, while the soy sauce provides a savory depth. Garlic and ginger add warmth and complexity to the taste, and a dash of sesame oil provides a nutty, earthy essence. Simply mix all ingredients together and drizzle over the cooked pollock and rice for a delicious and flavorful meal.
Chinese pollock rice health benefits
Chinese pollock rice is a nutritious and healthy dish that is packed with health benefits. Pollock fish is a great source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body. Additionally, it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to improve heart health, reduce the risk of some types of cancer, and improve brain function. Rice provides essential carbohydrates which provide energy to the body. The combination of protein and carbohydrates in this dish makes it a good option for maintaining a healthy diet. If you are looking for an even healthier option, you can replace the rice with quinoa, which is high in protein and fiber and packed with essential nutrients.