Hello fellow foodies and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we are excited to share with you a mouth-watering recipe for Chinese steak rice. This dish is packed with delicious flavors and is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Whether you are a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, our step-by-step instructions will make it easy for you to prepare this delicious meal in no time using your trusty rice cooker. So, let’s get started and bring the taste of China to your kitchen! We’ve made this chinese steak rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a large skillet or a wok.
- Stir in the minced garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced flank steak to the pan and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, which will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the steak from the pan and place it aside.
- Add the sliced red and green bell peppers and sliced onion to the same pan and stir-fry until they begin to soften; this should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Get a small bowl, and whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, black pepper, and beef broth together.
- Add the steak to the vegetables mixture and pour the sauce over everything.
- Stir-fry until the sauce has thickened and everything is heated thoroughly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, put to a dish and serve on the cooked rice.
How long does chinese steak rice last in the fridge?
Chinese steak rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness and prevent bacteria growth. It is recommended to reheat the rice thoroughly before consuming it to ensure that all bacteria are killed. If the rice has been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it is best to discard it to avoid the risk of food poisoning. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to food storage.
Low calorie chinese steak rice recipe substitutions
To make this Chinese Steak Rice lower in calorie, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using flank steak, you can use a leaner cut of beef such as sirloin or tenderloin. You can also use brown rice instead of white rice, which has more fiber and nutrients and is lower in calories. Instead of using vegetable oil for stir-frying, you can use a healthier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil. You can also reduce the amount of oil used by using a non-stick pan and a cooking spray. Finally, you can reduce the amount of sugar used or use a sugar substitute to bring down the overall calorie count of the dish.
What to serve with a chinese steak rice?
Chinese steak rice can be served with a variety of side dishes. Some classic options could be stir-fried vegetables such as bok choy, broccoli, or asparagus. Steamed dumplings, spring rolls, or Chinese hot and sour soup make for great appetizers. Additionally, a side of pickled cucumber salad, stir-fried green beans, or vegetable fried rice can balance out the meal. To keep it simple, a light miso soup or a side of fresh fruit can also accompany the dish nicely. Ultimately, the choice of sides depends on personal preferences and dietary restrictions.
Whats the best sauce for a chinese steak rice?
The best sauce for Chinese steak rice is oyster sauce. Oyster sauce is a thick, savory sauce that is a staple in many Chinese dishes. It has a rich umami flavor that complements the steak and rice perfectly. To make the sauce, heat up a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add in minced garlic and ginger. Then, add in the oyster sauce and a bit of water, and stir until the sauce is heated through and well combined. Pour the sauce over the steak and rice and serve. You can also add in some vegetables like carrots or bok choy for added flavor and nutrition.
Chinese steak rice health benefits
Chinese steak rice typically contains protein from the steak, and a variety of vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, and onions. This dish can provide a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. However, depending on the recipe and cooking method, it can also be high in sodium and saturated fat. To make a healthier version of this dish, consider using brown rice instead of white, adding more vegetables, and using leaner cuts of steak. Alternatively, consider making a stir-fry with lean protein like chicken or tofu and lots of colorful veggies for a nutrient-packed meal.