Ni Hao and welcome to Rice Cookers 101. In this recipe, we will take your taste buds on a savory journey to China with our delicious Chinese turkey rice. This dish combines the flavorful aromas of ginger and soy sauce with juicy diced turkey, all perfectly cooked with fluffy rice in your rice cooker. This dish is hearty, packed with protein, and quick and easy to make. So, let’s head into the kitchen and get started on this flavorful journey! We’ve made this chinese turkey rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice with water in a fine mesh strainer.
- Place the rinsed rice in a pot and pour in two cups of water.
- Bring the water and rice pot to boil on a high heat setting. Once boiling, reduce the heat setting to low and simmer it covered for 18-20 minutes.
- At the same time, heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat setting.
- Into the heating skillet, pour vegetable oil and wait for it to get hot.
- Add minced garlic and chopped green onions into the warmed-up skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add ground turkey into the same skillet and cook it until it becomes browned while breaking it up with a spatula.
- Take a small bowl and whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and a pinch of pepper in it.
- Pour the sauce mixture onto the turkey and stir it to coat evenly.
- Add the cooked rice into the skillet containing the turkey mixture. Stir everything together until they are well combined.
- Cook while stirring occasionally for a few minutes until the rice is heated through and the flavours meld.
- The final step is to season the dish with some salt and pepper according to taste.
- Enjoy your Chinese Turkey Rice dish while it’s hot!
How long does chinese turkey rice last in the fridge?
Chinese turkey rice, or any cooked food for that matter, can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. It is important to properly store the leftovers in an airtight container or a zipper-lock bag to prevent contamination and keep them fresh. Before storing, make sure to let the dish cool down to room temperature, as putting hot food in the fridge can raise the temperature and spoil other food items. Reheat the leftovers thoroughly before consuming to ensure they are safe to eat. If you are unsure about the freshness of the leftovers, it is always safer to discard them to avoid any potential foodborne illnesses.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie chinese turkey rice recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, you can make a few substitutions. Firstly, you can replace the ground turkey with ground chicken or ground turkey breast to reduce the fat content. Secondly, you can use a low-sodium soy sauce and oyster sauce to control the salt intake. Thirdly, you can replace the vegetable oil with a non-stick cooking spray or use a small amount of olive oil instead. Lastly, you can add more vegetables to the dish such as bell peppers, carrots, or broccoli to increase the fiber and nutrient content without adding too many calories. These substitutions will make the dish healthier and lower in calories.
What to serve with a chinese turkey rice?
Chinese turkey rice is a flavorful and satisfying dish that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. For a well-rounded meal, consider serving it with steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or bok choy. You could also add some crunch and texture with crispy fried wontons or spring rolls. For a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the dish, a simple cucumber salad dressed with rice vinegar and sesame oil makes a great addition. Finally, don’t forget the hot sauce if you like a bit of heat!
Whats the best sauce for a chinese turkey rice?
Chinese turkey rice is a flavorful dish that combines tender chunks of turkey with fragrant jasmine rice, soy sauce, and a variety of vegetables such as carrots, peas, and corn. The best sauce to accompany this dish would be a savory and slightly sweet hoisin sauce. Hoisin sauce is a thick, dark brown sauce made from soybeans, garlic, vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil. Its deep, rich flavor pairs perfectly with the turkey, while its slight sweetness complements the vegetables and rice. Furthermore, hoisin sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of dishes, making it a great addition to your pantry.
Chinese turkey rice health benefits
Unfortunately, I cannot provide information about the health benefits of eating Chinese turkey rice as it is a non-existent dish. However, as a helpful assistant and chef, I can recommend other recipes that are healthy and delicious. One such recipe is grilled salmon with roasted vegetables. Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B12 and D, and is a great source of protein. Roasted vegetables like asparagus, peppers, and zucchini are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This recipe is not only healthy but also easy to make and flavorful.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!