Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we’re excited to share with you a delicious recipe for Fujian Halibut Rice. This dish, originating from the Fujian province in China, features tender chunks of halibut cooked with fragrant rice and an array of aromatic spices. With the convenience of using a rice cooker, this meal is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Let’s get started! We’ve made this fujan halibut rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
Sure, here’s the ingredient list as an HTML unordered list:“`
- 1 lb. fresh halibut fillet
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup sliced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
“` I hope this helps!
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
1. Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain and transfer to a rice cooker or a pot with a tight-fitting lid.2. Add water and cook the rice according to the manufacturer’s instructions or bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender.3. Meanwhile, cut the halibut fillet into 1-inch cubes. 4. In a wok or a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat until hot. 5. Add the ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.6. Add the halibut cubes and stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.7. Add the Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, salt, and white pepper. Stir-fry for another minute.8. When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.9. Add the stir-fried halibut and its sauce, sliced green onions, and chopped cilantro. 10. Toss gently to combine.11. Serve immediately.
How long does fujan halibut rice last in the fridge?
The Fujian Halibut Rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days after cooking. However, it is important to ensure that it is properly stored in an airtight container or sealed with plastic wrap to avoid any contamination or spoilage. Additionally, it is recommended to reheat the rice thoroughly before consuming to ensure food safety. It is also not recommended to leave cooked rice at room temperature for more than two hours to reduce the risk of bacterial growth.
Low calorie fujan halibut rice recipe substitutions
To make the Fujian Halibut Rice recipe lower in calories, several substitutions can be made. Firstly, the canola oil used for cooking can be swapped for a lower calorie cooking spray or a small amount of vegetable or chicken broth. Secondly, the amount of rice can be reduced, or brown rice can be used instead of Jasmine rice to increase fiber content and decrease calorie density. Thirdly, the amount of halibut used can be reduced, and a leaner protein source such as shrimp, tofu, or chicken can be used instead. Finally, the amount of salt and soy sauce can be reduced, and herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic, and peppers can be used to add flavor instead. Making these substitutions can help to reduce the overall calorie count of the dish while still maintaining its delicious taste.
What to serve with a fujan halibut rice?
Fujian-style halibut rice is a delicious and flavorful meal that is best served with some light and fresh sides that complement the rich and savory flavors of the rice and fish. A simple green salad made with mixed greens, sliced cucumbers, and a light vinaigrette is an excellent choice, as it provides a refreshing contrast to the heavier textures of the rice. Steamed or stir-fried vegetables, such as broccoli or bok choy, also work well, as they add a vibrant pop of color and a crunchy texture that complements the soft and tender fish. Additionally, a light soup, such as a miso or clear broth, can help balance out the richness of the dish and cleanse the palate between bites.
Whats the best sauce for a fujan halibut rice?
There are many great sauce options for Fujian-style halibut rice, but one of the best choices is a ginger and scallion soy sauce. To make this sauce, simply finely chop fresh ginger and scallions and mix with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a touch of sugar. The savory and slightly sweet flavor of the sauce complements the delicate taste of halibut, while the ginger adds a zesty kick. Serve this sauce alongside a steaming bowl of halibut rice for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Fujan halibut rice health benefits
I’m sorry, I couldn’t find a specific recipe for “fujan halibut rice”. However, in general, halibut is known to be a lean source of protein that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and benefit the brain. Rice is a good source of carbohydrates that provide energy to the body. Additionally, rice can help regulate digestion and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. Therefore, a dish containing halibut and rice could potentially have health benefits. If you’re looking for a healthier recipe, consider a dish that incorporates both lean protein and a variety of colorful vegetables, such as grilled salmon with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!