Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we have a delicious recipe for you called Fujian Snapper Rice. This dish originates from the Chinese province of Fujian and is a flavorful combination of steamed rice, diced snapper, and a mix of fragrant herbs and spices. It’s a perfect meal for any seafood lover and can be easily made in your rice cooker. So, let’s get started and cook up a mouth-watering bowl of Fujian Snapper Rice! We’ve made this fujan snapper rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb of snapper fillet, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of rice (preferably jasmine rice), rinsed
- 3 cups of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and minced ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the snapper fillet pieces to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rinsed rice to the pot and stir to combine with the snapper and onion mixture.
- Add the water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sugar, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the rice cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, covered, for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the rice to steam.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the thinly sliced green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
How long does fujan snapper rice last in the fridge?
Fujian snapper rice is a popular Chinese dish that is made with rice, snapper, and various flavorful ingredients. After cooking, the fujian snapper rice can be stored in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container. It is important to let the dish cool to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator, as this will help prevent the growth of bacteria. When reheating the fujian snapper rice, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure it is safe to eat.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie fujan snapper rice recipe substitutions
To make this Fujian Snapper Rice recipe lower calorie, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using jasmine rice, you can use cauliflower rice. This will significantly lower the calorie count and increase the nutrient density of the dish. Secondly, instead of using vegetable oil, you can use a calorie-free cooking spray or a small amount of extra-virgin olive oil to reduce the overall calorie count. You can also skip the Shaoxing wine and oyster sauce to reduce the sodium content of the recipe. Lastly, you can reduce the amount of snapper added or use a low-calorie protein option like shrimp to further reduce calories. By making these simple substitutions, you can make this recipe significantly lower calorie without compromising on flavor.
What to serve with a fujan snapper rice?
Fujian snapper rice is a delicious and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. To complement the dish, consider serving steamed or stir-fried vegetables such as bok choy, Chinese broccoli, or sugar snap peas. For added protein, you could include a small plate of marinated tofu or sliced barbecue pork. To balance out the flavors, a light and refreshing cucumber salad or pickled vegetables would be an excellent addition. Don’t forget about a hot and sour soup or vegetable soup as a tasty starter, and a sweet red bean soup or mango pudding for dessert.
Whats the best sauce for a fujan snapper rice?
The best sauce for Fujian snapper rice would be a savory garlic sauce that complements the delicate flavors of the snapper and rice. To make this sauce, mince garlic and sauté it in oil until fragrant. You can also add some ginger for an extra kick. Then, add chicken broth and soy sauce along with some cornstarch mixture to thicken it up. Let the sauce cook for a few minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together. Pour this sauce over the Fujian snapper rice and enjoy!
Fujan snapper rice health benefits
Fujan snapper rice is a delicious dish that incorporates various healthy ingredients such as snapper fish, mushrooms, vegetables, and rice. Snapper fish is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy food choice. Mushrooms are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamin D, iron, and potassium. They are also low in calories and high in fiber, which helps with digestion. Vegetables are also an excellent source of nutrients and fiber, which contributes to maintaining a healthy gut. Rice, on the other hand, is rich in carbohydrates, which provides energy for the body. Overall, fujan snapper rice is a healthy dish that provides the body with essential nutrients, aids in digestion and energy.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!