Welcome to Rice Cookers 101, where easy and delicious meals are just a few clicks away! Today, we have a mouthwatering recipe that will surely satisfy your taste buds – Garlic Salmon Rice. This dish is a perfect combination of fluffy rice, succulent salmon, and aromatic garlic, making it a wholesome and flavor-packed meal for any occasion. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this garlic salmon rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cook 1/2 cup of white rice according to the package instructions, making sure to use the correct proportion of rice to water.
- Place the 1 lb. salmon fillet on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Chop 4 cloves of garlic into small pieces and sprinkle them over the salmon.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the salmon, coating it evenly.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste, ensuring it is coated evenly on all sides of the fillet.
- Bake the salmon in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through. Make sure to insert a fork or knife into the thickest part of the salmon to check if it is done.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cooked rice and 1/2 cup of either chicken or vegetable broth to the saucepan, stirring everything together well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the salmon is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes so it can cool down before you start to flake it apart.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into small pieces.
- Divide the cooked rice evenly into several bowls and then top each bowl with the flaked salmon pieces.
- You’re all finished! Serve your delicious garlic salmon rice warm and enjoy.
How long does garlic salmon rice last in the fridge?
Garlic salmon rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days after cooking. It is important to allow the dish to cool to room temperature before storing it in the fridge. When reheating the rice, it is best to add a few drops of water to the container to prevent the rice from drying out. Always ensure that the dish reaches a safe temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) before consuming. If the rice starts to smell or show signs of spoilage, it should be discarded immediately.
Low calorie garlic salmon rice recipe substitutions
To make this Garlic Salmon Rice recipe lower in calories, there are several substitutions one could make. First, instead of using white rice, you could use brown rice or cauliflower rice, which are higher in fiber and lower in calories. Additionally, you could reduce the amount of butter or use a low-calorie butter substitute, such as olive oil or coconut oil. To further reduce the calories, you could also reduce the amount of salmon used and add in vegetables, such as zucchini or spinach. Finally, you could also use low-sodium broth and adjust the amount of salt used to season the dish. Overall, these substitutions will lower the calorie content of the recipe while still maintaining its delicious flavor.
What to serve with a garlic salmon rice?
To complement the flavors of garlic salmon rice, there are several side dishes you can consider. A simple green salad with a tangy vinaigrette would provide a refreshing contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the salmon. Roasted or grilled vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, or zucchini, would also be a great choice. Another option would be to serve some crusty bread with a homemade garlic butter spread to further enhance the garlic flavor in the dish. Additionally, a crisp white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio would make an excellent pairing.
Whats the best sauce for a garlic salmon rice?
A delicious sauce to accompany garlic salmon rice is a creamy dill sauce. To make the sauce, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, finely chopped fresh dill, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Drizzle the sauce over the garlic salmon and rice, or serve it on the side. The creamy dill sauce adds a tangy, herbal flavor to the dish, which complements the garlic and salmon nicely. Enjoy!
Garlic salmon rice health benefits
Garlic salmon rice has numerous health benefits. Firstly, salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain function and heart health. Secondly, garlic has anti-inflammatory properties and can lower cholesterol levels. In addition, brown rice is a healthier alternative to white rice as it has more fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Overall, garlic salmon rice is a nutritious and delicious meal. However, if you are looking for an even healthier recipe, you could try a grilled chicken and quinoa bowl with roasted vegetables. It is high in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals.