Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, I am excited to share a delicious recipe with you: garlic snapper rice. This savory and aromatic dish is not only incredibly flavorful but also easy to make. With the help of our trusty rice cooker, we’ll combine tender snapper fillets, fragrant garlic, and fluffy white rice for an irresistible meal that’s perfect for any occasion. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this garlic snapper rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound snapper fillets
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Rinse 2 cups of white rice under cold water and set aside to drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 cloves of minced garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat with the garlic and butter mixture.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika to the pan and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook rice for about 18-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, season the 1 pound of snapper fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned snapper fillets to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked through.
- When the rice is done, remove from heat and let it sit covered for a few minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Serve the snapper fillets on top of the garlic rice and enjoy!
How long does garlic snapper rice last in the fridge?
Garlic snapper rice can generally be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to properly store the rice in an airtight container or resealable bag and refrigerate it as soon as possible after cooking to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. When reheating the rice, it is recommended to add a small amount of water or broth to help prevent it from drying out. It is also important to make sure the rice is heated to a safe temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) before consuming to further reduce the risk of food poisoning.
Low calorie garlic snapper rice recipe substitutions
There are several substitutions that could be made to make this recipe lower in calories. Firstly, replacing the butter with a non-stick cooking spray or a lower-fat margarine would reduce the calorie content. Secondly, using brown rice instead of white rice would increase the fiber content and decrease the calories. Thirdly, using low sodium chicken broth and reducing the amount of salt added would also decrease the overall calorie content. Finally, instead of pan-frying the snapper fillets, they could be baked or grilled to reduce the amount of added fat. By making these substitutions, the overall calorie content of the dish would be reduced while still keeping the delicious flavors of garlic and snapper rice.
What to serve with a garlic snapper rice?
Garlic snapper rice is a delicious and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Some great options include a fresh green salad with a vinaigrette dressing, roasted or grilled vegetables such as asparagus or broccoli, or a side of crusty bread. You could also serve it with a light soup or chowder, such as clam or corn chowder, to add some warmth and heartiness to the meal. Ultimately, the choice of side dishes will depend on personal preferences and dietary restrictions, but any of these options are sure to make for a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
Whats the best sauce for a garlic snapper rice?
The best sauce for garlic snapper rice is a tangy and slightly sweet soy-ginger sauce. To make, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, grated ginger, finely chopped garlic, and sesame oil in a small saucepan. Heat the sauce on low, stirring constantly until the honey has completely dissolved. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes if you like a little heat. Drizzle the sauce over the garlic snapper rice just before serving for a delicious and flavorful meal.
Garlic snapper rice health benefits
Garlic is known to have numerous health benefits including boosting the immune system, improving heart health by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and having anti-inflammatory properties. Combining garlic with snapper and rice can create a tasty and healthy meal. The snapper fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for brain function and heart health. Rice is a great source of energy, fiber, and essential nutrients. Therefore, garlic snapper rice is a healthy and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed by anyone looking to improve their overall health. If you are concerned about excessive rice intake, you can substitute it with quinoa or cauliflower rice to make it even healthier.