Welcome to Rice Cookers 101, where we introduce you to a mouth-watering recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. Today, we bring you a scrumptious garlic turkey rice recipe that is packed with protein and flavor. The tender and juicy turkey is infused with garlic and served over a bed of fluffy rice, making it the perfect dish for a satisfying and wholesome meal. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your ingredients, and get ready to cook up a storm with this delicious and easy-to-follow recipe! We’ve made this garlic turkey rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and green pepper in the skillet until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the turkey is browned.
- Stir in cooked rice, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
1. Start by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.2. While the skillet is heating, chop the onion and green pepper and mince the garlic.3. When the skillet is hot, sauté the onion, garlic, and green pepper until the onion is translucent.4. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the turkey is browned.5. Stir in the cooked rice, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.6. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.7. Finally, remove the skillet from the heat and garnish the dish with chopped parsley, if desired.
How long does garlic turkey rice last in the fridge?
Garlic turkey rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 4 days. It is important to let the rice completely cool down before putting it in the fridge, and then store it in an airtight container. When reheating, make sure the rice is piping hot all the way through before consuming. If the rice has been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it is best to discard it. Additionally, if the rice has been in the fridge for more than 4 days, it should also be thrown out for safety reasons. Always practice proper food handling and storage techniques to ensure the safety and quality of your food.
Low calorie garlic turkey rice recipe substitutions
To make this garlic turkey rice recipe lower in calories, several modifications could be made. First, ground turkey breast could be used instead of regular ground turkey, as it has less fat and fewer calories. Second, reducing the amount of olive oil used or using cooking spray instead could also decrease the calorie count. Third, using brown rice or cauliflower rice instead of white rice would increase the nutritional value of the dish and decrease the calorie count. Finally, decreasing or eliminating the amount of salt and paprika used could reduce the sodium content and make this recipe a healthier option. Overall, these substitutions would result in a lower-calorie garlic turkey rice dish without significantly sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a garlic turkey rice?
Garlic turkey rice is a flavorful and filling main dish that can be served with a variety of sides. For a well-rounded meal, consider serving it with a fresh side salad or steamed vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, or green beans. You can also opt for a light soup, like a vegetable or tomato soup, or some crusty bread to balance the flavors of the main dish. Another excellent option is to add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt on top of the garlic turkey rice for a creamy texture. The possibilities are endless, so choose your favorite sides and enjoy!
Whats the best sauce for a garlic turkey rice?
One of the best sauce options for garlic turkey rice is a homemade creamy garlic sauce. To make the sauce, start by sautéing garlic in butter until fragrant. Then, add in heavy cream, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. Let the mixture simmer until it thickens, stirring occasionally. Once thickened, remove from heat and drizzle over the garlic turkey rice. The creamy garlic sauce complements the savory flavors of the turkey and garlic in the rice, adding a rich and comforting touch to the dish.
Garlic turkey rice health benefits
Garlic turkey rice is a recipe that can provide several health benefits. Firstly, garlic is widely recognized for its antioxidant properties that help to protect the body against diseases. It also contains compounds that may lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease. Turkey is a lean protein source that supports muscle growth and repair, while brown rice is high in fiber and can aid in digestion. As a whole, garlic turkey rice is a nutrient-dense meal that can promote overall health and well-being. However, if you are looking for a healthier recipe, I recommend roasted salmon with vegetables. It is loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for optimal health.