Namaste and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we bring you a delightful recipe that has its roots in India – Indian Salmon Rice. This dish is a combination of perfectly cooked rice, succulent salmon and aromatic spices that will tantalize your taste buds. It’s a great way to switch up your usual rice routine and impress your family and friends with something new and exotic. So, let’s put on our aprons and dive into making this delicious meal using our trusty rice cooker! We’ve made this indian salmon rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
Sure, here’s the ingredient list as an HTML unordered list:“`
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
- Rinse 1 cup of basmati rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Place a large saucepan on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it is softened.
- Next, add 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper into the saucepan. Cook for 1 minute, or until it becomes aromatic.
- Add one can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes into the saucepan along with its juice, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, and 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the previously prepared rice and reduce the heat to low. Cover the saucepan and allow it to simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season the 1 pound salmon chunks with salt and pepper. Add them to the saucepan and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked properly.
- After salmon is cooked, add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro into the saucepan. Stir well and serve.
How long does indian salmon rice last in the fridge?
Indian salmon rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days. It is important to let the rice cool down completely before transferring it to an airtight container and placing it in the fridge. To maintain its freshness and texture, it is recommended to reheat the rice in a covered pan or microwave with a splash of water or broth. It is important to note that leftover rice should not be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours to avoid the growth of harmful bacteria. If unsure about the quality or freshness of the rice, it is better to discard it to avoid any health risks.
Low calorie indian salmon rice recipe substitutions
To make this Indian Salmon Rice recipe lower in calories, there are several substitutions that can be made. Firstly, the vegetable oil can be replaced with a calorie-free cooking spray to eliminate the added calories. Secondly, coconut milk can be substituted with light coconut milk or evaporated skimmed milk to reduce the fat and calorie content. Thirdly, the quantity of rice can be decreased and replaced with vegetables such as carrots, peas, and broccoli to increase the fiber content and reduce overall calories. Finally, the salmon can be broiled or grilled instead of being cooked in the rice to eliminate the added calories from the cooking process. These substitutions will lower the overall calorie content of the recipe without compromising much on taste and flavor.
What to serve with a indian salmon rice?
Indian salmon rice is a delicious and hearty main course that can be complemented with various sides. Some great options to serve with this dish include a refreshing cucumber raita, a spicy papadum or crispy flatbread, and a flavorful vegetable curry such as baingan bharta or aloo gobi. A fresh salad or roasted vegetables also make great accompaniments to this dish. Don’t forget to garnish with fresh herbs such as cilantro or mint for an extra burst of flavor!
Whats the best sauce for a indian salmon rice?
The best sauce for Indian salmon rice can vary based on personal taste preferences, but a popular and traditional option is a creamy coconut-based curry sauce with aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. To make the curry sauce, start by sautéing onions, garlic, and ginger in oil until soft. Then, add the spices and cook for a minute or two before adding canned tomatoes and coconut milk. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly and the flavors meld together. To serve, ladle the curry over the cooked rice and salmon and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Indian salmon rice health benefits
Indian salmon rice is a nutritious meal that offers several health benefits. Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that have been shown to be beneficial for heart health by reducing inflammation, improving blood lipid levels, and decreasing the risk of arrhythmias. The rice in Indian salmon rice provides slow-release energy and is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals like magnesium and potassium. Additionally, the Indian spices used in the recipe, such as turmeric and cumin, are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body and protect against chronic diseases like cancer. Overall, Indian salmon rice is a delicious and highly nutritious meal that can provide many health benefits.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!