Namaste and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we’re excited to share with you a mouth-watering recipe for Indian Snapper Rice – a well-spiced and flavorsome dish that’ll soon become a household favorite. With this recipe, we’ve presented a quick, easy, and delicious way to prepare snapper fish with fragrant basmati rice and aromatic Indian spices in a rice cooker. So, let’s dive right in and get cooking! We’ve made this indian snapper rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound snapper fillets
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Cilantro leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chili, cumin seeds, turmeric, coriander and Garam Masala. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes with the spices.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, season the fish fillets with salt to your taste. When the rice is almost done, gently place the fish pieces on top of the rice. Cover the saucepan and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then gently mix the fish pieces with the rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
How long does indian snapper rice last in the fridge?
Indian snapper rice is a dish made with basmati rice, snapper fish, and a variety of Indian spices and seasonings. If stored properly, it can last for up to four days in the fridge after cooking. It is important to store the rice in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out or absorbing unwanted odors from the fridge. When reheating, ensure that the rice is heated all the way through and reaches a temperature of at least 165°F to prevent any possible foodborne illnesses. As a general rule, it is always best to consume leftovers within three to four days of cooking to ensure freshness and quality.
Low calorie indian snapper rice recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, there are several substitutions that can be made. First, instead of using snapper, a leaner protein source like tilapia or cod can be used. Secondly, to reduce the amount of oil used, cooking spray can be used instead. This will significantly cut down on the amount of fat and calories. Thirdly, instead of using basmati rice, a smaller portion of brown rice or quinoa can be used to reduce the calorie content of the dish. Finally, instead of using ghee or butter, which are high in calories, low-fat yogurt or skim milk can be used to achieve a creamy consistency. Overall, these substitutions will make the recipe lower in calories without compromising on flavor.
What to serve with a indian snapper rice?
Indian snapper rice is a flavorful dish and can be accompanied by a variety of sides. For a balanced meal, consider pairing it with a simple mixed green salad dressed in a light vinaigrette. Additionally, some roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts would make a great addition. You can also serve some plain yogurt or raita, which is a traditional Indian condiment made with yogurt and cucumbers, to help balance out the heat from the spices in the dish. Lastly, warm naan bread or basmati rice can be served on the side to help soak up any extra sauce.
Whats the best sauce for a indian snapper rice?
Indian snapper rice is a flavorful and aromatic dish that can be complemented with a variety of sauces. One popular sauce that pairs well with Indian snapper rice is a spicy tomato curry sauce. To make this sauce, start by blending together diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and some spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Heat some oil in a pan, add the tomato mixture, and cook it until it thickens and the oil separates. Then, add some chopped cilantro and salt to taste. This sauce is the perfect balance of spicy and tangy and complements the sweetness of the snapper in the rice dish.
Indian snapper rice health benefits
Indian snapper rice is a delicious and nutritious dish that is full of beneficial ingredients. Snapper fish is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining a healthy heart, brain, and immune system. The rice in this dish provides carbohydrates for energy, while the various spices and seasonings used in cooking offer anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects. Additionally, the vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers used in the recipe add more vitamins and minerals to the meal. Overall, Indian snapper rice is a healthy and flavorful meal that is perfect for anyone looking for a balanced and nutritious meal.However, if your preference is not fish, I would recommend a different recipe like vegetable quinoa stir-fry. Quinoa is a superfood that is high in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Adding vegetables like carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers, along with seasoning with ginger, garlic, and soy sauce, makes this dish a healthy and delicious alternative to Indian snapper rice.