Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101. For all the fans of Japanese cuisine out there, today I bring you a delicious and healthy recipe of Japanese broccoli rice. We will combine the goodness of rice and the nutritional benefits of broccoli to create a flavorsome and easy-to-prepare dish. Let’s get started with this classic and satisfying dish that is sure to become a favorite in your household. We’ve made this japanese broccoli rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer and drain it. Add 1 cup of uncooked white rice and 2 cups of water to a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the broccoli. Rinse and chop 1 head of broccoli into small pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chopped broccoli to the skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the broccoli and stir to coat. Once the rice is done cooking, fluff it with a fork and transfer it to the skillet with the broccoli mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Remove the skillet from heat and serve your delicious Japanese broccoli rice hot.
How long does japanese broccoli rice last in the fridge?
Japanese broccoli rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days after cooking. This dish consists of cooked rice, sautéed broccoli, and a flavorful sauce made with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. To ensure freshness and prevent spoilage, it is important to store it properly and avoid leaving it at room temperature for too long. It can also be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop for a quick and easy meal. However, it is important to check for any signs of spoilage or off flavors before consuming.
Low calorie japanese broccoli rice recipe substitutions
To make this Japanese broccoli rice recipe lower calorie, several substitutions can be made. For starters, to reduce the amount of oil used in the recipe, vegetable oil can be substituted with a calorie-free cooking spray. Secondly, to reduce the caloric content from the rice, cauliflower rice or brown rice can be used in place of white rice. Additionally, to decrease the amount of sodium in the recipe, low-sodium soy sauce can be used, and the amount of salt used can be further reduced. Lastly, when serving the recipe, serving sizes can be kept in check to avoid overeating. These substitutions will result in a lower calorie version of the recipe that maintains its delicious taste.
What to serve with a japanese broccoli rice?
Japanese broccoli rice is a flavorful and healthy dish that can be served as a side or main dish. To complement the flavors of the dish, you can serve it with grilled or roasted chicken, fish, or tofu. For added texture and crunch, consider topping the dish with chopped peanuts or sesame seeds. Additionally, a side of miso soup and a small salad with ginger dressing can balance out the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a japanese broccoli rice?
Japanese broccoli rice is a tasty and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish. The best sauce to go with this dish would be a combination of soy sauce and mirin, a sweet rice wine. To make the sauce, mix together equal parts of soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the broccoli rice and mix well, making sure that each grain is coated evenly. For an extra kick of flavor, add a sprinkle of sesame seeds or sliced scallions on top. This simple yet delicious sauce will enhance the natural flavors of the broccoli and make this dish even more enjoyable.
Japanese broccoli rice health benefits
I’m sorry, but there is no specific food called “Japanese broccoli rice.” However, broccoli is a highly nutritious vegetable that is low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer. If you’re looking for a healthy recipe that includes broccoli, you can try roasted broccoli with quinoa and grilled chicken. This dish is high in protein, fiber, and vitamins, and can be a delicious and nutritious meal option.