Hello there! If you’re looking for a delicious and quick meal, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’ll be sharing a recipe for Japanese Salmon Rice that is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling full and happy. Using a rice cooker to prepare the rice is the perfect way to ensure perfectly cooked, fluffy rice every time. So, let’s get started and whip up a fantastic meal that’s sure to impress! We’ve made this japanese salmon rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Nori seaweed, cut into thin strips, for serving
- Rinse the sushi rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain and transfer the rice to a medium saucepan. Add the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl. Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the rice and gently stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Add the salmon pieces and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the salmon pieces, spooning any remaining marinade over the top. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and browned on the outside.
- To serve, spoon some of the rice into bowls. Top with the cooked salmon, sliced scallions, and nori strips. Serve hot.
How long does japanese salmon rice last in the fridge?
Japanese salmon rice, also known as salmon onigiri, can last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator after cooking, but it is best to consume it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness and taste. It is important to store the rice properly in an airtight container to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. Before refrigerating, it is recommended to let the salmon rice cool down to room temperature to avoid moisture buildup. When reheating, it should be heated thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure it is safe to eat. It is not recommended to freeze this dish, as it can affect the texture and quality of the rice.
Low calorie japanese salmon rice recipe substitutions
To make this Japanese salmon rice lower in calories, a few substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using regular sushi rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice can be used as a lower calorie and higher fiber alternative. Secondly, instead of using sugar to sweeten the rice vinegar, a calorie-free sweetener such as stevia can be used. For the salmon, using a leaner fish such as cod or tilapia can reduce the calorie content. Lastly, instead of using vegetable oil to cook the salmon, a non-stick cooking spray can be used to reduce the amount of added fat. These substitutions will result in a lower calorie version of this delicious dish.
What to serve with a japanese salmon rice?
Japanese salmon rice, also known as ‘salmon donburi’, is a delicious and wholesome dish that can be elevated with the addition of certain accompaniments. One popular side is miso soup due to its light and complimentary flavors as well as health benefits such as aiding in digestion. Another great option is edamame which are nutrient-dense soybeans add texture and a pop of color to the dish. Adding pickled ginger or a sprinkle of dried nori on top is also a great way to enhance flavor and visual appeal. Finally, a simple cucumber salad with a light vinaigrette or simply tossed in rice vinegar can round out the overall dining experience.
Whats the best sauce for a japanese salmon rice?
There are many sauces that can go well with Japanese salmon rice, but the best one would be the teriyaki sauce. Teriyaki sauce is a classic Japanese sauce that is made from soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. It has a perfect balance of salty, sweet, and umami flavors, which complements the delicate taste of salmon very well. To make the teriyaki sauce, all you have to do is mix the ingredients together, and then cook the salmon with the sauce until it’s glazed and caramelized. The result is a delicious, flavorful, and savory dish that will satisfy your palate and make you crave for more. So, for your next Japanese salmon rice dish, don’t forget to add a generous amount of teriyaki sauce.
Japanese salmon rice health benefits
Japanese salmon rice offers numerous health benefits. Salmon is a great source of lean protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, which supports heart health, brain function, and bone strength. The rice is also a good source of energy, fiber, and a range of essential amino acids that promote muscle growth. Additionally, the vegetables often used in Japanese salmon rice, such as seaweed, cucumber, and avocado, offer vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support immunity, skin health, and digestion. Overall, Japanese salmon rice is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy and balanced diet.