Welcome to Rice Cookers 101, where we provide the best and easiest recipes for your beloved kitchen appliances. Today, we are excited to share with you our flavorful and satisfying Korean ground beef rice recipe. With the perfect combination of ground beef, vegetables, and aromatic spices, this dish will surely satisfy your cravings for a hearty and comforting meal. Whether you’re a busy student or a busy parent, our recipe is a simple and delicious solution to get dinner on the table in no time. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this korean ground beef rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, minced garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the skillet with the beef. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the green onions to the skillet and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice among four bowls. Top with the ground beef mixture and sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
1. First, grab your large skillet and heat it up over medium heat. Once it’s heated up, add the ground beef into the skillet and cook until it turns brown.2. After the ground beef has browned, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, minced garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into the skillet with the ground beef. Stir everything together and let it cook for around 2-3 more minutes.3. Take half of your green onions and add them into the skillet as well. Stir everything together until it has all combined well.4. To serve, divide your cooked rice amongst four bowls. Top the rice with the ground beef mixture and then sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top of your dish. Enjoy your delicious Korean ground beef rice!
How long does korean ground beef rice last in the fridge?
Korean ground beef rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days, as long as it is properly stored in an airtight container. It should be cooled down to room temperature before being placed in the fridge, since putting hot food directly in the fridge can cause bacterial growth. To reheat the dish, it is important to heat it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure that it is safe to eat. If the dish has been in the fridge for longer than 4 days, it is best to discard it to avoid the risk of food poisoning.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie korean ground beef rice recipe substitutions
To make this Korean ground beef rice recipe lower in calories, several substitutions can be made. Firstly, using lean ground beef or substituting it with ground turkey or chicken can help reduce calories in the dish. Secondly, using low sodium soy sauce or a substitute like coconut aminos can reduce the sodium content and lower the calorie count. Using a low calorie sweetener like Stevia instead of brown sugar can help reduce the calories as well. Lower calorie oils like canola oil can be used instead of vegetable oil and sesame oil can be used sparingly. Moreover, using cauliflower rice instead of cooked rice can largely cut down calorie count. These substitutions can help make the dish healthier and still maintain its delicious flavors.
What to serve with a korean ground beef rice?
There are many options for sides to pair with Korean ground beef rice. To balance out the flavors of the dish, you could serve some steamed or grilled vegetables such as broccoli, bok choy, or carrots. For a more traditional Korean side dish, you could make some kimchi or pickled vegetables. Another popular choice is a fried egg, which adds some richness to the dish. Finally, a simple side salad with a light vinaigrette would provide a fresh contrast to the savory beef. Ultimately, the choice of side dishes depends on personal preference and what ingredients are available.
Whats the best sauce for a korean ground beef rice?
For Korean ground beef rice, the best sauce would be gochujang sauce, which is a spicy and savory paste made from fermented soybean and chili powder. It has a slightly sweet and smoky taste that complements the rich and meaty flavor of the beef. To make the sauce, mix together gochujang paste, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic in a bowl. Adjust the seasoning to taste and add a splash of water to thin it out if necessary. Drizzle the sauce over the beef rice and garnish it with chopped scallions and sesame seeds for an authentic Korean flavor.
Korean ground beef rice health benefits
Korean ground beef rice can be a healthy dish if prepared with lean beef and plenty of vegetables. The dish is high in protein from the beef and fiber from the vegetables, helping to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Ingredients like garlic, ginger, and chili peppers provide additional health benefits like boosting the immune system and reducing inflammation. However, this dish can be high in sodium, so it’s important to watch your salt intake when enjoying it. If you’re looking for an even healthier alternative, you could try replacing the white rice with brown rice or quinoa for added nutrition and fiber.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!