Hello Rice Cookers 101 readers! Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with our flavorful and easy-to-make Korean Salmon Rice recipe. This dish is packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with traditional Korean flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. With the help of your trusty rice cooker, you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Let’s get started! We’ve made this korean salmon rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1. Rinse the rice with water until it runs clear using a fine mesh sieve. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, water, and salt. Turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Let it simmer for 18 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Take it off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Once five minutes have passed, fluff it with a fork.2. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the salmon fillets skin side down in the skillet and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Flip the fillets and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until they’re cooked through. Set the salmon aside.3. In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger. Whisk them together to make a sauce.4. To serve, divide the rice between four bowls. Place each salmon fillet on top of the rice. Drizzle each bowl with the sauce that was prepared in step three. Finally, sprinkle each bowl with the sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How long does korean salmon rice last in the fridge?
After cooking, Korean salmon rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It is important to let the rice cool down to room temperature before storing it, as this will prevent moisture buildup in the container and prolong its shelf life. To reheat the rice, add a little water or broth to it and microwave it for a few minutes, or heat it up in a covered pot on the stove. It is best to eat the salmon rice within the first two days of storage to ensure maximum freshness and flavor.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie korean salmon rice recipe substitutions
To make this Korean salmon rice recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. First, instead of using white rice, you can use brown rice or cauliflower rice to reduce the calorie content. Cauliflower rice is a good option because it is low in calories and also adds fiber to the dish. You can also reduce the amount of honey used in the recipe or substitute it with a low-calorie sweetener like stevia or erythritol. Instead of using vegetable oil, use a low-calorie cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil. You can also reduce the amount of salmon used or substitute it with a leaner protein like chicken breast. Finally, instead of using toasted sesame seeds, use raw sesame seeds as they have fewer calories.
What to serve with a korean salmon rice?
For a complete and balanced meal, it’s recommended to serve Korean salmon rice with a side of vegetables such as steamed or roasted broccoli, green beans, or mixed veggies. A fresh salad dressed with a tangy dressing like sesame ginger or citrus vinaigrette would also complement the dish nicely. For a more filling option, you could serve it with a small portion of miso soup or a Korean-style soup like doenjang-jjigae. To enhance the flavors of the dish, you could also offer a variety of condiments like kimchi, sriracha sauce, or a spicy mayo for dipping.
Whats the best sauce for a korean salmon rice?
The best sauce for Korean salmon rice would be a gochujang sauce. Gochujang is a Korean fermented chili paste that comes with a spicy and sweet flavor that would complement the rich flavors of salmon and the nutty taste of the rice. To make the sauce, mix together gochujang, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, and rice vinegar. Adjust the seasoning to your preference by altering the amount of spice, sweetness, and tanginess. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked salmon and rice, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, and enjoy your delicious and spicy Korean salmon rice.
Korean salmon rice health benefits
Korean salmon rice offers a plethora of health benefits. Firstly, salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce inflammation in the body and improve heart health. Additionally, Korean seasonings such as gochujang, sesame oil, and garlic are antioxidant-rich, providing essential nutrients and aiding in reducing cancer risks. The rice used in the dish is also a great source of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and B-vitamins, which regulate blood sugar levels and improve digestion. Overall, Korean salmon rice is a highly nutritious and tasty dish. However, if someone is looking for a healthier alternative, they could try a vegetable stir-fry or roasted veggie bowl that incorporates different vegetables, lean protein, and a limited amount of oil, providing an abundance of nutrients on a low calorie diet.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!