Hello fellow foodies and rice lovers! Today’s recipe is a delicious and aromatic Persian black bean rice that will take you on a culinary journey to the Middle East. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves hearty and flavorful rice dishes and wants to explore new and exotic flavors. With a few simple ingredients and the help of your trusty rice cooker, you can create a dish that will impress your family and friends and make your taste buds dance with joy. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this mouth-watering Persian black bean rice! We’ve made this persian black bean rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Chop 1 onion and add it to the skillet with the heated oil.
- Saute the onion until it becomes translucent, which typically takes about 5 minutes.
- Minced 3 garlic cloves and add them to the onion. Saute for another minute.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of smoked paprika to the skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes. The point of heating the spices is to release their fragrant aroma.
- Stir 1/2 cup of raisins and 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans into the skillet. Combine all ingredients together.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice to the skillet and stir all together to coat the rice with the spices.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a large baking dish and add 2 cups of vegetable broth to the mixture. Stir gently to combine taking slightly extra care not to crush the black beans.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and put it in the preheated oven.
- Let the rice mixture bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the rice becomes tender and the liquid has been fully absorbed.
- Remove your rice from the oven and garnish it with 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint.
How long does persian black bean rice last in the fridge?
Persian black bean rice can typically be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to four days. It should be stored in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any odors from the fridge. It’s important to let the rice cool to room temperature before refrigerating it to prevent bacteria growth. When reheating the rice, it’s best to add a few tablespoons of water or broth to help it retain its moisture. If the rice has been sitting in the fridge for more than four days or shows signs of spoilage, such as a sour smell or unusual growth, it should be discarded.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie persian black bean rice recipe substitutions
To make this Persian black bean rice recipe lower in calories, several substitutions can be made. First, you can replace the basmati rice with cauliflower rice or a mixture of cauliflower rice and brown rice. This substitution will significantly lower the calorie count as cauliflower rice has fewer calories than basmati rice. Additionally, instead of using olive oil, you can use a calorie-free cooking spray or a small amount of vegetable broth to sauté the onions and garlic. Finally, instead of using raisins, you can use diced carrots or other vegetables to add flavor and sweetness to the dish while reducing the overall calorie count. By making these substitutions, the dish will still be flavorful and satisfying while being lower in calories.
What to serve with a persian black bean rice?
Persian black bean rice is a delicious and flavorful dish that is great on its own but also pairs well with an assortment of side dishes. For a complete meal, consider serving the black bean rice with a grilled protein such as chicken, lamb or fish. To enhance the flavors of the dish, you can also add a side of roasted or grilled vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers. For added texture and crunch, consider serving the rice with a side of salad or a crunchy slaw made with cabbage, carrots, and herbs. Additionally, serving some warm pita bread and hummus would be a great addition to complete the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a persian black bean rice?
The best sauce for Persian black bean rice is a combination of tahini and lemon juice. The creaminess and nuttiness of the tahini complement the bold and hearty flavors of the black beans and rice, while the acidity of the lemon juice adds a tartness that brightens up the dish. To make the sauce, simply whisk together equal parts tahini and fresh lemon juice until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved. Season with salt to taste, and drizzle over the black bean rice for a delicious and well-rounded meal.
Persian black bean rice health benefits
Persian black bean rice is a nutritious and healthy dish that offers numerous health benefits. It is an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. The black beans used in the recipe are a rich source of plant-based protein, which helps in building and repairing the body tissues. Additionally, black beans are rich in antioxidants, which protect the body against free radicals that can cause cellular damage. The brown rice used in the recipe is a complex carbohydrate that provides sustained energy. It is also rich in manganese, which supports healthy bone development and wound healing. The spices used in the recipe, such as cumin and turmeric, have anti-inflammatory properties and may aid in digestion. Overall, Persian black bean rice is a healthy and delicious dish to add to your diet. If you are looking for another healthy recipe, I would recommend a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, which is also rich in protein, fiber, and essential nutrients.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!