Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we’ll be exploring a delicious and unique dish – Persian Cheese Rice. This fragrant and savory recipe combines tender and fluffy rice with a flavorful blend of spices and tangy feta cheese. Perfect as a standalone vegetarian main course or as a hearty side dish for a crowd, this recipe is sure to become a new household favorite. Let’s get started! We’ve made this persian cheese rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, then soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the cumin and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pot with 4 cups of water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until the water has been completely absorbed.
- Mix the grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese together in a bowl.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then add the cheese mixture and parsley and fold them together with the rice until everything is evenly combined and the cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear using a fine mesh sieve. Soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking it. 2. Heat up olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. 3. Add cumin and turmeric powder to the pot, and stir constantly for a minute until fragrant. 4. After the water has been soaked out of the rice, drain it using the sieve and add it to the pot with 4 cups of water. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. 5. Once the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for about 20 minutes until the water is fully absorbed. 6. While the rice is cooking, mix grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese together in a bowl. 7. After the rice is done, fluff it with a fork. Add the cheese mixture and parsley. Fold them together with the rice by gently stirring. Allow the cheese to melt. 8. Finally, season it with salt and pepper before serving.
How long does persian cheese rice last in the fridge?
Persian cheese rice can be stored in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. It is important to let the rice cool completely before storing it in an airtight container to prevent bacterial growth. Before storing, make sure to remove any leftover toppings or garnishes and mix the rice well to distribute the cheese evenly. When reheating the rice, it is best to add a tablespoon or two of water to help rejuvenate the texture. If you plan to store the rice for longer than four days, consider freezing it instead.
Low calorie persian cheese rice recipe substitutions
To make this Persian Cheese Rice recipe lower in calories, some substitutions that can be made include using a lower-fat cheese such as reduced-fat Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, or using a blend of low-fat cheese with regular cheese. Alternatively, you could also use a non-dairy cheese substitute made from tofu to reduce the overall calorie content. Another option would be to reduce the amount of butter used in the recipe and replace it with a healthier fat source such as avocado or olive oil. Additionally, you may consider reducing the amount of cheese used or substituting with chopped vegetables such as roasted bell peppers or sautéed mushrooms to bulk up the dish without adding extra calories. Finally, you can also reduce the amount of rice by adding a higher ratio of vegetables, or using a different grain or cauliflower rice instead.
What to serve with a persian cheese rice?
Persian cheese rice, also known as “Chelo Kalam Polo”, is a delicious and savory dish that deserves equally amazing side dishes to complement it and balance out the flavors. One great option is to serve it with a simple tomato and cucumber salad lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. The freshness and acidity of the salad will counterbalance the rich cheesiness of the rice. You could also serve with grilled meat, such as kebab or chicken, for added protein and depth of flavor. Lastly, some pickled vegetables or yogurt dip on the side would make great condiments to round up the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a persian cheese rice?
The best sauce for Persian cheese rice is called Mast-o-Khiar. This sauce is a combination of yogurt, diced cucumber, diced onion, and dried mint. It’s a refreshing, tangy sauce that complements the rich and cheesy flavor of the rice perfectly. To make this delicious sauce, mix together one cup of plain yogurt, half a cup of diced cucumber, a quarter cup of diced onion, and a pinch of dried mint. Adjust the seasoning to your taste and serve it alongside the cheese rice for a complete Persian experience.
Persian cheese rice health benefits
Persian Cheese Rice or ‘Tahchin’ is a flavorful and delicious rice dish that is a staple in Persian cuisine. The dish is typically made with rice, yogurt, saffron, and a variety of cheeses such as feta, parmesan, and mozzarella. While the dish itself is quite filling and high in calories, it does offer some nutritional benefits. The yogurt in the dish is a great source of probiotics, which promote digestive health and boost immunity. Additionally, saffron is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and may help improve mood and alleviate symptoms of depression. However, if you are looking for a healthier recipe, I would recommend a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry. This dish is low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals. It is a great option for those looking to maintain a healthy diet without sacrificing flavor.