Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, I am excited to share with you a delicious and aromatic recipe for Persian Ground Beef Rice. This beloved dish, also known as “Kofta Polo,” is a staple in Persian cuisine and is sure to be a hit at any dinner party or family gathering. The combination of juicy ground beef, fragrant spices, and fluffy rice will transport your taste buds to the heart of Iran. So, grab your rice cooker and let’s get cooking! We’ve made this persian ground beef rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
Sure, here’s the HTML code for the ingredient list as an unordered list:“`HTML
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
1. Rinse the rice well and soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.2. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.3. Add the chopped onion and cook until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.4. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant.5. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spatula.6. Stir in the turmeric, cumin, salt, and black pepper.7. Drain the rice and add to the skillet, stirring to combine with the beef mixture.8. Pour the water over the rice mixture and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.9. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the water.10. Melt the butter in a small skillet and add the slivered almonds, stirring occasionally until lightly toasted.11. Add the raisins to the skillet and cook for another minute or until plump.12. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve with the toasted almonds and raisins on top.
How long does persian ground beef rice last in the fridge?
Persian ground beef rice can typically be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. However, it is important to make sure that it is cooled to room temperature before storing it in the fridge to prevent the growth of bacteria. To reheat, it is recommended to use a microwave or oven, making sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) before consuming. It is not recommended to freeze Persian ground beef rice as it can affect the texture and flavor of the dish.
Low calorie persian ground beef rice recipe substitutions
To make this Persian Ground Beef Rice Recipe lower in calories, you can make a few substitutions. Firstly, you can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef. Secondly, you can use less oil and butter or substitute with low-calorie cooking spray. Thirdly, you can skip the raisins and slivered almonds or use smaller amounts for topping. Fourthly, you can use brown rice instead of basmati. Lastly, you can replace some of the rice with vegetables such as chopped carrots and celery to add more fiber and reduce the calorie density. These substitutions will help lower the calorie count of the recipe while still maintaining the taste and flavor.
What to serve with a persian ground beef rice?
Persian ground beef rice, also known as “Kofta Polo,” is a popular Persian dish that combines fragrant basmati rice with juicy ground beef meatballs. To balance out the flavors and textures of this delicious dish, there are several sides that you can serve with it. Some popular options include a fresh salad with mint, cucumber, and tomato, a creamy cucumber yogurt dip known as “mast-o-khiar,” some roasted veggies such as eggplants or carrots, or some sautéed spinach with garlic. A side of warm pita bread can also be a great addition to this meal. Ultimately, any combination of these sides will complement the Persian ground beef rice and create a wonderful meal.
Whats the best sauce for a persian ground beef rice?
The best sauce for Persian ground beef rice is Mast o Khiar, which is a cold yogurt and cucumber dip. It’s the perfect complement to the flavorful and aromatic rice dish, as the coolness of the yogurt and cucumber balances out the richness of the beef. Traditionally, Mast o Khiar is made with plain yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, salt, and dried mint. It’s simple yet delicious, and adds an extra layer of complexity to the already flavorful dish.
Persian ground beef rice health benefits
Persian ground beef rice, also known as “Kabab Tabei”, is a delicious dish that can offer some health benefits when consumed in moderation. Ground beef is a good source of protein, vitamin B12, iron, and zinc which assist in building and repairing tissues and muscles, supporting a healthy immune system, and providing energy. The dish also contains white basmati rice which provides energy, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. However, it is important to note that the dish is high in calories, fat, and sodium, which may be concerning for those with certain health conditions. For a healthier alternative, you can try a grilled salmon with quinoa and roasted vegetables which is a lean source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and vitamins.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!