Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we’re going to explore the wonderful flavors of Persian Halibut Rice. This dish combines aromatic basmati rice with tender pieces of halibut, finished off with a perfectly balanced blend of spices and herbs. It’s a warm and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a fan of Persian cuisine or just looking for a new way to enjoy seafood, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this persian halibut rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound halibut fillet, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Soak the rice in cold water for at least 1 hour and then drain the rice and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and cook for another minute.
- Add halibut fillets to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned on the outside.
- Stir in raisins and slivered almonds and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the rice in a large pot with 3 cups of water.
- Bring the rice to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Place half of the rice in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with the halibut mixture, spreading it evenly over the rice.
- Add the remaining rice on top of the halibut mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
How long does persian halibut rice last in the fridge?
Persian halibut rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days after cooking. To ensure that it stays fresh for as long as possible, the rice should be cooled down to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container and storing it in the fridge. When reheating the rice, make sure to heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure food safety. It is important to note that the texture and flavor of the rice may change slightly after being stored in the fridge, but it should still be safe to eat as long as it has been stored and reheated properly.
Low calorie persian halibut rice recipe substitutions
To make this Persian Halibut Rice recipe lower calorie, several substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using 4 tablespoons of butter, it can be reduced to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Secondly, the amount of halibut can be reduced to ½ pound, or alternatively, it can be replaced with a leaner fish such as cod or tilapia. Additionally, the amount of slivered almonds and raisins can be reduced by half or omitted entirely. Lastly, instead of using Basmati rice which is high in carbohydrates, a mixture of white and brown rice or quinoa can be used, and portion sizes can be decreased. These substitutions will significantly reduce the calorie count while still maintaining the flavor and nutritional value of the dish.
What to serve with a persian halibut rice?
There are several options to serve with Persian halibut rice to create a complete meal. One option is to serve a fresh salad with greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a tangy dressing. Grilled vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, or eggplant can also be a great addition to the meal. Another option is to serve a lentil or chickpea stew on the side, which can provide additional flavor and protein. A fresh yogurt or cucumber dip can also be a great accompaniment to the rice. Finally, a glass of chilled white wine or a refreshing mint or lemonade can round out the meal nicely.
Whats the best sauce for a persian halibut rice?
The best sauce for Persian halibut rice is a mixture of lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and saffron. Start by sautéing fresh garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Then add lime juice and let it simmer for a few minutes. Finally, add a pinch of saffron and let it steep for a few minutes. This tangy and aromatic sauce perfectly complements the delicate and flavorful halibut in the rice dish. Drizzle the sauce over the rice and fish just before serving for a delicious meal.
Persian halibut rice health benefits
Persian Halibut Rice, also known as Tahchin-e Mahi, is a delicious and nutritious dish that provides several health benefits. Halibut is a good source of high-quality protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining heart health, brain function, and reducing inflammation. The rice used in Persian Halibut Rice is typically brown rice, which is a great source of fiber, B vitamins, and minerals, including magnesium and selenium, that help support digestive and heart health. Additionally, the use of herbs and spices, such as saffron and turmeric, in this recipe adds antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds to the dish. Overall, Persian Halibut Rice is a healthy and delicious meal that provides several essential nutrients.If you want to try a different recipe that is equally healthy, I would recommend roasted salmon with quinoa and roasted vegetables. This meal is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is easy to prepare and can be customized based on your preferences and seasonal vegetables. To prepare this meal, simply roast salmon and vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and Brussels sprouts, and prepare a bowl of cooked quinoa. Serve the roasted salmon over the quinoa and vegetables and garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro. This healthy and satisfying meal offers a range of essential nutrients and is perfect for a nutritious and flavorful meal.