Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we are going to explore the world of Peruvian cuisine with a delightful and flavorful dish – Peruvian Albacore Rice. This dish is a perfect combination of tender albacore tuna, fragrant rice, and a blend of spices that together create a unique and delicious meal. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out, this Peruvian Albacore Rice recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Let’s get started! We’ve made this peruvian albacore rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound albacore tuna, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.2. Add the rice to the pot and stir to coat with the vegetable mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.3. Add the chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pot. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.4. While the rice is cooking, season the albacore tuna with salt and pepper.5. Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tuna to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the tuna is cooked to your liking.6. Once the rice is fully cooked, stir in the corn and chopped cilantro. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.7. Serve the rice in individual bowls and top each serving with the cooked albacore tuna.
How long does peruvian albacore rice last in the fridge?
Peruvian albacore rice can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days after cooking if stored properly in an airtight container. It is important to let the rice cool down to room temperature before placing it in the fridge to prevent bacterial growth. Additionally, reheating the rice thoroughly to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) before eating is important to ensure food safety. If you are unsure whether the rice is still good to eat, it is recommended to err on the side of caution and discard it.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie peruvian albacore rice recipe substitutions
To make this Peruvian Albacore Rice recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using 2 cups of white rice, you could substitute with cauliflower rice or brown rice which are less calorie dense. Secondly, instead of cooking the albacore tuna in oil, you could try grilling or baking it with a bit of seasoning for a lower calorie option. Finally, you could reduce or omit the amount of oil used when sautéing the vegetables at the beginning of the recipe. Making these substitutions would result in a healthier and lower calorie version of the Peruvian Albacore Rice recipe while still maintaining its delicious flavor.
What to serve with a peruvian albacore rice?
Peruvian albacore rice is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a filling and satisfying meal. To complement the rich flavors of the albacore tuna and the savory rice, you can serve a light and refreshing side salad made with mixed greens, sliced avocado, and a citrus vinaigrette. Alternatively, you can also serve roasted vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, or carrots, or a side of grilled plantains for some added sweetness. And for a balanced meal, you can also include a protein-rich side dish like black beans or quinoa, or a simple steamed vegetable medley.
Whats the best sauce for a peruvian albacore rice?
The best sauce for Peruvian albacore rice is the classic Aji Amarillo sauce. This bright yellow sauce is made from the Aji Amarillo pepper, which has a fruity and slightly spicy flavor. To make the sauce, blend together Aji Amarillo peppers, garlic, lime juice, salt, and a small amount of oil. The resulting sauce is tangy, slightly spicy, and pairs perfectly with the tender and flaky albacore tuna and rice. The Aji Amarillo sauce is a staple in Peruvian cuisine and is a must-try for any seafood dish.
Peruvian albacore rice health benefits
Peruvian albacore rice is a nutritious dish that offers a number of health benefits. Albacore is a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, which are important for maintaining muscle mass, supporting heart health, and promoting strong bones. The rice provides a good source of complex carbohydrates that can help keep you feeling full and energized. Additionally, Peruvian cuisine often features a variety of colorful vegetables, such as bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. If you are looking for a healthier alternative, consider a vegetable stir-fry with brown rice, which can provide a similarly nutritious meal with even more fiber and fewer calories.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!