Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, I am excited to share with you my recipe for Peruvian Halibut Rice. This flavorful dish combines tender halibut with spices, vegetables, and rice. It’s a perfect one-pot meal that can be cooked in your rice cooker for a convenient and delicious dinner. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and sure to impress. So, let’s get started! We’ve made this peruvian halibut rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. halibut fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until they are tender.
- Add the cumin and paprika into the skillet and cook for another minute.
- Add the halibut into the skillet, cook it for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it turns into a light brown color, then remove the halibut and set it aside for now.
- Add the rice into the skillet and make sure that it is coated with the spices and vegetables thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth into the skillet, then bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat on the skillet, cover it, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Make sure to keep an eye on it.
- Stir in the frozen peas and the cooked halibut into the skillet.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro into the skillet and season it with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish the skillet with lime wedges and serve it hot!
How long does peruvian halibut rice last in the fridge?
Peruvian halibut rice can be stored in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. When storing it, make sure to let it cool down to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container and refrigerating it. When reheating the rice, make sure it is heated all the way through before consuming. If you are not planning on consuming the rice within four days, it is recommended to freeze it. Frozen rice can last for up to six months. It is important to follow proper food safety guidelines when storing and reheating rice to ensure its freshness and quality.
Low calorie peruvian halibut rice recipe substitutions
To make this Peruvian Halibut Rice recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, the basmati rice can be swapped out for cauliflower rice or brown rice to reduce the overall calorie count. Second, reducing the amount of oil used to sauté the vegetables can help cut down on calories, or using a cooking spray as a substitute. Lastly, using less halibut and more vegetables (e.g., mushrooms, zucchini, etc.) can also help reduce overall calorie count and add more nutrients and fiber. With these substitutions, the recipe can still maintain its traditional flavors and nutritional value while being more calorie conscious.
What to serve with a peruvian halibut rice?
Peruvian halibut rice is a hearty and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Some great options to consider include grilled veggies like peppers and onions, sweet plantains, or a mixed greens salad with a tangy vinaigrette. You could also serve it alongside some avocado and quinoa, or top it with a bright and zesty salsa for an extra burst of flavor. Whatever you choose, be sure to complement the dish’s bold flavors and spices with something fresh and light.
Whats the best sauce for a peruvian halibut rice?
The best sauce for Peruvian halibut rice would be Aji Amarillo sauce. This sauce is a staple in Peruvian cuisine and is made with Aji Amarillo peppers, garlic, lime juice, and other spices. Aji Amarillo sauce has a unique flavor featuring a balance of heat and sweetness, which complements the mild flavor of halibut fish. It can be served either drizzled over the halibut rice or as a dipping sauce for the fish. The contrasting flavors of the spicy sauce and flavorful rice bring an explosion of flavors to the palate, making it a must-try for those seeking an authentic Peruvian culinary experience.
Peruvian halibut rice health benefits
Peruvian halibut rice offers several health benefits. Firstly, the halibut is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart and brain health. Additionally, the rice provides complex carbohydrates, which provide sustained energy and aid in digestion. The dish also typically includes a variety of vegetables such as peppers, onions and tomatoes, which contain nutrients like vitamins C and A. Overall, the combination of protein, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, and vegetables make the dish a healthy and well-rounded meal. If you are looking for an alternative recipe, consider a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and grilled chicken. Quinoa is a protein-rich grain, and the roasted vegetables add vitamins and fiber.