Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we are excited to share with you a delicious and flavorful recipe for Peruvian Trout Rice. This dish is a perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats, making it a great option for a satisfying and wholesome meal. The combination of sautéed vegetables, trout fillets, and rice cooked to perfection in a rice cooker, creates a mouth-watering aroma that will fill your kitchen with much anticipation. So, get ready to indulge in a unique and flavorful dish that is sure to impress your taste buds. We’ve made this peruvian trout rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound of trout fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups of white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of aji amarillo paste
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the red bell pepper, yellow onion, and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the aji amarillo paste, tomato paste, cumin powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir until the rice is coated in the tomato mixture. Pour in the chicken broth and stir again.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Allow the rice to simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until it has absorbed all of the liquid and is fully cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, season the trout pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the trout to the skillet, cooking until the fish is flaky and fully cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, stir in the cooked trout pieces. Serve the Peruvian trout rice hot, garnished with lime wedges.
How long does peruvian trout rice last in the fridge?
Peruvian trout rice can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days after cooking. It is important to store the rice in an airtight container to prevent contamination and spoilage. When reheating the rice, it is recommended to add a small amount of water to the container before microwaving or heating it on the stove. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the rice is thoroughly reheated to an internal temperature of 165°F to prevent foodborne illness. It is not recommended to freeze peruvian trout rice as the texture and quality of the rice may be affected.
Low calorie peruvian trout rice recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using white rice, you can substitute it with brown rice or cauliflower rice. Brown rice is higher in fiber, which helps fill you up and makes you eat less, while cauliflower rice is low in calories and carbohydrates. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to cut down on the calorie content. Instead of using trout, which is high in calories and fat, you can use a leaner fish like cod or tilapia. Additionally, you can reduce the amount of olive oil used and replace it with a non-stick cooking spray. These substitutions will help make the dish lower in calories.
What to serve with a peruvian trout rice?
Peruvian trout rice, also known as Arroz con Trucha, is a delicious and filling dish that features seasoned rice and flaky trout. To complement this dish, consider serving a fresh salad with a tangy dressing, such as a citrus vinaigrette. Grilled vegetables, such as zucchini or bell peppers, would also make a great side dish. Additionally, a glass of crisp white wine would pair nicely with the flavors of the trout and rice. Finish the meal with a sweet and refreshing dessert, like a fruit sorbet or a tropical fruit salad.
Whats the best sauce for a peruvian trout rice?
The best sauce for Peruvian trout rice would be a cilantro sauce or salsa verde. This sauce is made by blending fresh cilantro leaves, garlic, jalapeño, and lime juice in a food processor until smooth. It pairs well with the delicate flavors of the trout and adds a bright and tangy burst of flavor to the dish. Additionally, aji amarillo, a Peruvian yellow chili pepper, or huacatay, a Peruvian black mint sauce, can be used to add some Peruvian flavors to the dish.
Peruvian trout rice health benefits
Peruvian trout rice dish can be a healthy meal option as it provides a balanced mix of carbohydrates from rice, protein from trout, and essential vitamins and minerals from veggies used in the recipe. Trout is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that help to maintain heart health, boost cognitive function and reduce inflammation. The vegetables used in the dish like carrots and scallions are packed with vitamins and dietary fiber which promote a healthy digestive system and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Overall, the trout rice dish can be a great choice for people looking for a healthy and flavorful meal.