Hola amigos! Today, I am excited to share with you a mouth-watering recipe for Spanish salmon rice. This dish is the perfect combination of protein-packed salmon and rich, flavorful rice that will definitely please your taste buds. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make this delicious dish with the help of your trusty rice cooker. Let’s get started! We’ve made this spanish salmon rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Combine the paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub it onto each piece of salmon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until browned. Then, transfer the salmon to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same skillet and cook them for about 3 minutes or until they become soft.
- While stirring, add the red and green bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until they become tender.
- Then, stir in the rice until it gets coated with the oil and vegetable mixture.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the frozen peas and cooked salmon pieces to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Your Spanish salmon rice is now ready! Serve it hot and enjoy!
How long does spanish salmon rice last in the fridge?
Spanish salmon rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 3-4 days, as long as it has been properly stored in an airtight container. It is important to let the rice cool completely before storing it and to refrigerate it within 2 hours of cooking. It is also important to reheat the rice thoroughly before consuming it, making sure it reaches a temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to prevent food-borne illness. It is not recommended to keep cooked rice in the fridge for more than a few days, as the quality and taste may degrade over time.
Low calorie spanish salmon rice recipe substitutions
To make this Spanish salmon rice recipe lower in calories, some possible substitutions could be using brown rice instead of white rice, using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, and using less olive oil when cooking the salmon and vegetables. Instead of using a pound of salmon, the recipe could be modified to use a smaller portion or even substitute with a low-calorie protein like tofu or chickpeas. Additionally, using more vegetables like spinach or broccoli could add volume and nutrients to the dish while also reducing the overall calorie density. Overall, small modifications to the ingredients and cooking techniques can make a significant difference in reducing the calorie intake of this dish.
What to serve with a spanish salmon rice?
There are several options that would complement Spanish Salmon Rice. Some popular options include a fresh green salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing, roasted vegetables such as asparagus or zucchini, or garlic bread. Alternatively, you could serve the salmon rice with a side of homemade guacamole or black beans for a southwestern twist. You may also consider pairing it with a crisp white wine or a fruity red wine such as a Beaujolais or Pinot Noir. Ultimately, the choice of side dishes will depend on your personal taste preferences and the occasion.
Whats the best sauce for a spanish salmon rice?
The best sauce for Spanish salmon rice is a traditional Spanish sofrito sauce made with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings. You can make the sofrito by sautéing finely chopped onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add in diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook on low heat until the tomatoes have broken down and the sauce has thickened. Pour the sofrito over the cooked salmon rice and mix well. The flavors of the sofrito blend well with the salmon and add a delicious depth of flavor to the dish.
Spanish salmon rice health benefits
Spanish salmon rice can offer several health benefits due to its ingredients. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which promotes heart and brain health. Additionally, brown rice provides fiber, vitamins, and minerals while reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Tomatoes, onions, and garlic contain antioxidants that boost immunity and aid in the prevention of chronic diseases. However, it is essential to ensure the recipe is not high in sodium or unhealthy fats. For a healthier alternative, one can try vegetable brown rice or quinoa stir-fry with tofu, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, and soy sauce. It is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, allergy-friendly, and low in calories, fat, and sodium.