Hola amigos! Today, we’re excited to share with you a delicious Spanish snapper rice recipe that is sure to transport your taste buds straight to the picturesque coasts of Spain. Perfectly cooked rice infused with a range of spices and flavors, topped with tender snapper fillets, and garnished with fresh herbs – this dish is bursting with vibrant colors and flavors. So, let’s grab our rice cookers and get started! We’ve made this spanish snapper rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. snapper fillets
- 2 cups of short-grain rice
- 4 cups of fish or vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. saffron threads
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season 1 lb. snapper fillets with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet or paella pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 diced onion and 1 diced red bell pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add 3 minced garlic cloves and 1 tsp. smoked paprika, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of short-grain rice to the skillet and stir until combined with the vegetable mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp. saffron threads, and 4 cups of fish or vegetable broth. Stir gently to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Place the seasoned snapper fillets on top of the rice mixture in the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the snapper is cooked through and flaky.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
How long does spanish snapper rice last in the fridge?
Spanish snapper rice is a delicious and hearty dish that is a perfect meal for any occasion. However, after it has been cooked, it is important to store it properly to maintain its quality and freshness. Generally, Spanish snapper rice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. It is important to transfer the rice to an airtight container or a ziplock bag and to keep it in a cool and dry place. Before serving, reheat the rice in the microwave or on the stovetop, making sure it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F to ensure it is safe to eat.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie spanish snapper rice recipe substitutions
To make this Spanish snapper rice recipe lower calorie, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of short-grain rice, one can use cauliflower rice or brown rice. This swap can significantly reduce the calorie count and also add fiber to the dish. Secondly, instead of using 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil can be used for sautéing vegetables, and then a vegetable spray can be used to coat the snapper fillets. Thirdly, reducing the quantity of saffron and smoked paprika can also save some calories. Lastly, instead of using fish broth, one can use vegetable broth to reduce the calorie and fat content further. These simple substitutions can significantly make this Spanish snapper rice recipe lower calorie while still keeping it flavorful and delicious.
What to serve with a spanish snapper rice?
Spanish snapper rice is traditionally served with a fresh green salad and a slice of crusty bread. The salad can include any combination of greens, such as lettuce, spinach, and arugula, as well as tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Additionally, the rice pairs well with a cold glass of white wine or rosé. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also serve some traditional Spanish tapas, such as patatas bravas or olives, as appetizers before the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a spanish snapper rice?
The best sauce for Spanish snapper rice is aioli. This creamy and garlicky sauce is a perfect complement to the rich and savory flavors of the rice and the tender, flaky fish. To make aioli, mix 2 egg yolks, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a blender until smooth. Then, gradually add 1 cup of olive oil while blending until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Serve the aioli on the side or drizzle it over the snapper rice to add an extra layer of flavor and texture.
Spanish snapper rice health benefits
Spanish snapper rice can be a healthy meal option when made with nutritious ingredients. Snapper is a lean source of protein that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation and improve heart health. Rice provides energy and fiber, but it is important to choose brown rice over white rice to increase fiber content and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Vegetables and herbs like tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic add vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can boost the immune system and protect against chronic diseases. Overall, Spanish snapper rice can be a balanced and flavorful dish, but it is important to prepare it with attention to portion sizes and cooking methods (e.g. avoid frying or adding excessive salt or oil). If you want a recipe that is low in carbohydrates or higher in plant-based protein, you may enjoy a vegetable stir-fry with tofu or a salad with grilled chicken.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!