Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, I’m excited to share a recipe for spicy ground beef rice that’s sure to satisfy your cravings for a hearty and flavorful meal. This dish is a perfect balance of tender ground beef and fluffy rice, combined with spicy ingredients like chili powder and cayenne pepper for a kick of heat. With the help of a rice cooker, you’ll have this delicious meal on the table in no time. Let’s get started! We’ve made this spicy ground beef rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook 1 pound ground beef, 1 diced onion, and 2 minced cloves garlic until the beef is browned and the onion is tender, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.2. Add 1 diced red bell pepper, 1 diced green bell pepper, and 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are crisp-tender.3. Stir in 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.4. Add 1 cup long-grain rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to coat the rice with the seasonings.5. Stir in 2 cups beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.6. Remove the skillet from the heat and let it stand, covered, for 5 minutes to allow the rice to absorb any remaining liquid.7. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with 1 lime, cut into wedges, on the side.
How long does spicy ground beef rice last in the fridge?
Spicy ground beef rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to four days. It is important to store the food properly by transferring it into an airtight container and placing it in the refrigerator as soon as it has cooled down to room temperature. To reheat the rice, it is recommended to use a microwave or stovetop to ensure even heating throughout. Before consuming the leftovers, make sure to check for any signs of spoilage such as a sour smell, unusual color, or slimy texture and discard if necessary.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie spicy ground beef rice recipe substitutions
Here are some substitutions to make this Spicy Ground Beef Rice recipe lower in calories:
- Replace ground beef with ground turkey or chicken to cut down on calories and fat.
- Use low-sodium beef broth or replace it with chicken broth to cut down on salt content.
- Omit the rice or use cauliflower rice instead to significantly reduce calories and carbohydrates.
- Reduce the amount of oil used to cook the ingredients to cut down on calories and fat.
- Use less cheese if you choose to add it, or use a low-fat cheese alternative to reduce calorie and fat content.
By making these substitutions, you can make this Spicy Ground Beef Rice recipe lower in calories while still keeping it flavorful and delicious.
What to serve with a spicy ground beef rice?
There are several side dishes that would pair well with spicy ground beef rice. A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette would help to balance out the heat of the dish. Roasted or grilled vegetables, such as zucchini or bell peppers, would also complement the flavors in the rice. Additionally, some sliced avocado or guacamole on the side would provide a cooling contrast to the spice. Finally, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro would finish off the dish and tie all the flavors together.
Whats the best sauce for a spicy ground beef rice?
There are a lot of different sauces that would go well with spicy ground beef rice, but one of the best options is probably a simple chipotle aioli. This sauce is made by blending together chipotle peppers in adobo with mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, and salt. The smoky, spicy flavors of the chipotles complement the heat and richness of the beef, while the creamy texture of the aioli helps to cool things down a bit. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the rice and beef, or serve it on the side for dipping. It’s sure to add an extra kick of flavor to your meal.
Spicy ground beef rice health benefits
Spicy ground beef rice can provide health benefits if made with lean ground beef, brown rice, and a variety of vegetables such as peppers, onions, and tomatoes. The spices used in this recipe, such as ginger and turmeric, also have anti-inflammatory properties that can support a healthy immune system. However, if the recipe includes a lot of added fats or sodium, it can be detrimental to one’s health. To make a healthier recipe, I would recommend trying a quinoa and roasted vegetable bowl with grilled chicken or tofu. This recipe is packed with nutrients such as fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals while being low in calories, unhealthy fats, and sodium.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!