Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today we are excited to share with you a delicious recipe for Thai albacore rice. This flavorful dish combines tender chunks of albacore tuna with aromatic seasonings and fluffy rice, making it the perfect meal for any occasion. And the best part? It’s super easy to make with the help of your trusty rice cooker. So let’s get started! We’ve made this thai albacore rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 2 albacore tuna steaks, about 6 oz each
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. red curry paste
- handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil (coconut or vegetable)
- Rinse and cook jasmine rice according to package instructions
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat
- Saute garlic, green onions, and bell pepper until fragrant (about 2 minutes)
- Add green beans and continue sauteeing for another 1-2 minutes
- Stir in red curry paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and fish sauce
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened
- Meanwhile, coat albacore steaks with a few teaspoons of oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat
- When pan is hot, place albacore steaks in the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on thickness)
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before slicing into bite-sized pieces
- Divide rice into bowls and top with curry mixture and albacore pieces
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
How long does thai albacore rice last in the fridge?
Thai albacore rice can typically be stored in the fridge after cooking for around 3-4 days. It is important to store the rice in an airtight container and allow it to cool to room temperature before refrigerating it. Additionally, it is important to reheat the rice thoroughly before consuming. However, if the rice has been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, it should be discarded as it may have become contaminated with bacteria.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie thai albacore rice recipe substitutions
To make this Thai Albacore Rice recipe lower in calories, here are a few substitutions you can make: – Instead of using 2 albacore tuna steaks, reduce it to 1 to lower the calorie and fat content. – Use light coconut milk or substitute half of it with chicken or vegetable broth to lower the calorie and fat content. – Use brown rice instead of jasmine rice to increase fiber content and make it more filling. – Reduce the amount of oil used or substitute with cooking spray. – Use a lower-sodium soy sauce or substitute with liquid aminos to decrease salt intake. – Use low-sodium or no-salt-added canned green beans to decrease sodium content. By making these substitutions, you can still enjoy a flavorful and nutritious dish without compromising on taste.
What to serve with a thai albacore rice?
Thai albacore rice is a flavorful main dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. For a light and refreshing option, try serving it with a side of cucumber salad or steamed vegetables like broccoli or asparagus. If you’re looking to satisfy a heartier appetite, roasted sweet potatoes or garlic bread are a great choice. Additionally, you can serve it with a side of kimchi or pickled vegetables to compliment the spicy flavors of the dish. For a complete Thai meal, consider adding spring rolls or pad Thai to your menu.
Whats the best sauce for a thai albacore rice?
The best sauce for Thai albacore rice would be a spicy peanut sauce. It provides a perfect balance of sweetness, tanginess, and heat to the dish. To make the sauce, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, and chili flakes in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding water or coconut milk as needed. Drizzle the sauce over the albacore rice, toss, and serve hot. Alternatively, you can also use a sweet chili sauce or Thai basil sauce as a condiment.
Thai albacore rice health benefits
As an AI language model, I do not have access to a specific recipe called “Thai albacore rice.” However, if it is a dish that contains albacore tuna, it would be a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids which can promote heart health and brain function. Rice, on the other hand, is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and can provide sustained energy throughout the day. However, the health benefits would largely depend on the other ingredients and cooking method used. If you are looking for a different recipe that is healthier, I would recommend a vegetable stir-fry with lean protein such as chicken, tofu, or shrimp, seasoned with herbs and spices instead of sauces high in sodium and sugar. You can also use brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice for added fiber and nutrients.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!