Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we have an exciting recipe for you that combines the earthy flavor of artichokes with the bold and zesty tastes of Thai cuisine. Our Thai artichoke rice is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be easily prepared using your rice cooker. This vegetarian dish is full of mouthwatering aromas and flavors, and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So, let’s get cooking! We’ve made this thai artichoke rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Begin by rinsing the jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve until the water runs clear.
- Next, in a large pot, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Without stirring, add the rinsed rice to the pot. Cover and immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice for 18-20 minutes or until tender and the water has been absorbed.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped artichoke hearts, diced red pepper, and grated carrot. Give everything a good stir and let it cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Once the veggies are tender-crisp, add 3 sliced green onions, 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the skillet. Stir everything together and let it cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Using a fork, fluff the cooked rice then add it to the skillet with the vegetables. Give everything a good stir until the rice and veggies are nicely combined.
- Finally, let the mixture cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the rice is heated through.
- Once everything is ready, serve the Thai Artichoke Rice hot and enjoy!
How long does thai artichoke rice last in the fridge?
Thai artichoke rice can be stored in the refrigerator after cooking for up to 4-5 days. It is important to let the rice cool down completely before storing it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To reheat the rice, you can add a little bit of water to it and warm it up in the microwave or on the stovetop. It is not recommended to leave the rice at room temperature for more than two hours as this can cause bacterial growth and spoilage. Always make sure to check the rice for any signs of spoilage before consuming it, such as mold, off-color, or bad smell.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie thai artichoke rice recipe substitutions
To make this Thai Artichoke Rice recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, white rice can be replaced with brown rice, as it contains more fiber, making it more filling and lower in calories. Moreover, olive oil can be swapped for a lower calorie oil like avocado or coconut oil while still providing a delicious flavor. For those watching their sodium intake, the soy sauce and salt can be reduced, or a low-sodium soy sauce can be used instead. Finally, instead of honey, a low-calorie sweetener like Stevia can be used, reducing the sugar content in the recipe. Overall, these substitutions will create a healthy and low-calorie version of this Thai Artichoke Rice recipe.
What to serve with a thai artichoke rice?
Thai artichoke rice is a flavorful dish that can be served as a side or main dish. To complement the taste of this dish, you can consider serving it with some protein options such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. A light and refreshing salad, such as a cucumber and tomato salad with a citrus dressing, would also perfectly balance the dish’s richness. To make your meal more filling, you could add some stir-fried vegetables or roasted vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or broccoli. Don’t forget to garnish with some fresh cilantro or basil to add a spicy and fragrant flair to your dish.
Whats the best sauce for a thai artichoke rice?
Thai artichoke rice is versatile and pairs well with a variety of sauces. One of the best sauces is a blend of coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, and ginger. This sauce has a perfect balance of flavors, with the creaminess of the coconut milk, the heat of the curry paste, the umami of the fish sauce, the tanginess of the lime juice, and the zing of ginger. It complements the nuttiness of the rice and the earthiness of the artichokes, enhancing the overall taste and aroma of the dish. You can adjust the spiciness of the sauce to your liking by adding more or less curry paste, and garnish it with fresh herbs like cilantro or basil for an extra pop of flavor.
Thai artichoke rice health benefits
There are several potential health benefits of Thai artichoke rice. Artichokes are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, particularly vitamin C, folate, and potassium. Eating artichokes may help support digestive health, lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. Rice is also a good source of energy and provides the body with essential carbohydrates for fuel. However, the recipe may contain high levels of sodium, which can counteract some of these benefits. To make a healthier dish, consider using brown rice instead of white and reducing the amount of added salt. Additionally, adding more colorful vegetables, such as bell peppers and carrots, can increase the dish’s nutrient content.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!