Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, I am excited to share with you a delicious recipe for Thai Flounder Rice. This dish is not only easy to prepare, but also packed with amazing flavors that will take your taste buds on a journey to Southeast Asia. So, fire up your rice cooker and let’s get started! We’ve made this thai flounder rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 lb. of flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Rinse the jasmine rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain the rice.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and cover the saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and grated fresh ginger to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper to the skillet and cook for another minute.
- Add the flounder fillets to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and divide it among the serving bowls.
- Spoon the cooked fish and sauce over the rice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
How long does thai flounder rice last in the fridge?
Thai flounder rice can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to three to four days, provided that it is stored properly in an airtight container. To ensure that the rice stays fresh and safe to consume, it is important to cool it down rapidly after cooking and store it in the fridge immediately. It is recommended to divide the rice into smaller portions before storing it, so that it can cool down more quickly and be reheated easily later on. When reheating the rice, make sure it is heated through to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure food safety. Discard any rice that has been left in the fridge for longer than four days or if it appears or smells spoiled.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie thai flounder rice recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of jasmine rice, you can use cauliflower rice which is low in calories. Secondly, instead of vegetable oil, you can use low-calorie cooking spray such as canola spray or olive oil spray. Thirdly, you can reduce the amount of fish sauce and soy sauce used in the recipe or swap them for low sodium soy sauce and low sodium vegetable broth respectively. Lastly, instead of flounder fillets, you can opt for white fish varieties such as cod or tilapia that are lower in calories. With these substitutions, the recipe will be lower in calories, while still retaining its delicious taste.
What to serve with a thai flounder rice?
Thai flounder rice is a flavorful dish that is usually served as a main course. To complement the fish and rice, you can serve a light and refreshing salad on the side. A classic Thai green papaya salad or a citrusy mango salad would be perfect choices. You can also serve steamed vegetables like bok choy or broccoli to add some nutritional value to the meal. To make it a complete meal, you can finish with a light dessert, such as fresh fruit or a fruit sorbet.
Whats the best sauce for a thai flounder rice?
The best sauce for Thai flounder rice would be a combination of sweet and sour flavors with a hint of spice. A Thai sweet chili sauce mixed with rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, and garlic would create the perfect balance of flavors to complement the delicate taste of the flounder. To add some heat, red pepper flakes or Thai bird’s eye chilies can be added to taste. This sauce can be drizzled over the flounder and rice, or served on the side for dipping.
Thai flounder rice health benefits
Thai flounder rice is a delicious and nutritious dish that has numerous health benefits. Flounder is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain and heart health. Rice is a great source of carbohydrates and provides energy for the body. Additionally, this dish is typically made with plenty of vegetables like peppers and onions, which are high in vitamins and antioxidants. These ingredients help to support a healthy immune system and prevent chronic diseases. Overall, Thai flounder rice is a healthy and delicious meal that is perfect for those who are looking to improve their overall health and wellness. If you’re looking for an even healthier dish, you may consider trying out a vegetable stir fry or a grilled salmon dish that is packed with nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!