Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we’re excited to share with you a delicious and flavorful recipe for Thai Halibut Rice. With a combination of fragrant spices, fresh herbs, juicy halibut, and fluffy rice, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. Not only is it easy to prepare, but it’s also a healthy and wholesome meal that’s perfect for any occasion. Let’s get started! We’ve made this thai halibut rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb. halibut fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of red curry paste
- 1 tsp. of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of green beans, trimmed
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook jasmine rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. of red curry paste and 1 tsp. of grated ginger to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk, 1 tbsp. of fish sauce, and 1 tbsp. of brown sugar to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1 sliced red bell pepper and 1 cup of trimmed and sliced green beans to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season 1 lb. of halibut fillets with salt and pepper, and add them to the skillet. Spoon some of the sauce over the top of the fillets. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Fluff the cooked jasmine rice with a fork and divide it among 4 plates.
- Top each serving with a fillet of halibut and some of the vegetable and sauce mixture.
- Garnish each serving with 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
How long does thai halibut rice last in the fridge?
Thai halibut rice can generally be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. However, it is important to ensure that the rice has been cooked and stored properly to avoid any contamination or spoilage. The best way to store leftover Thai halibut rice is in an airtight container, and it should be refrigerated as soon as possible after cooking. When reheating, make sure the rice is thoroughly heated to avoid any foodborne illness. It is not recommended to keep rice at room temperature for extended periods as it can increase the risk of bacterial growth. Always use your best judgment and if the rice looks or smells off, discard it.
Low calorie thai halibut rice recipe substitutions
To make this Thai halibut rice recipe lower in calories, you could make a few substitutions. First, you could use a low calorie spray oil instead of regular oil to reduce the amount of calories. Second, you could use a low-fat coconut milk option instead of regular to further reduce the fat and calorie content. For the jasmine rice, you could substitute for cauliflower rice which can cut the carb intake significantly. Finally, instead of using brown sugar, you could use a natural sweetener like stevia or simply omit it to further reduce calories. By making these substitutions, you can enjoy a healthier and lower calorie version of this delicious Thai halibut rice.
What to serve with a thai halibut rice?
Thai halibut rice is a tasty and flavorful main dish that pairs well with a variety of sides and complementary flavors. Some good options to serve alongside the halibut and rice include steamed or wok-fried vegetables like bok choy, green beans, or bell peppers, which provide a fresh and crunchy contrast to the rich and spicy flavors of the dish. A side of aromatic jasmine rice and a simple cucumber salad with a tangy dressing also work well to balance out the heat and add some cool and refreshing elements to the meal. Finally, a chilled glass of white wine or a refreshing Thai-style beer can help to enhance the flavors and complete the experience.
Whats the best sauce for a thai halibut rice?
For Thai halibut rice, the best sauce would be a spicy peanut sauce. To make the sauce, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, ginger, and red pepper flakes. This savory and slightly sweet sauce pairs perfectly with the delicate flavor of halibut and the fragrant rice. Additionally, it adds some heat and complexity to the dish without being overpowering. Overall, a spicy peanut sauce is a great choice to bring out the best in Thai halibut rice.
Thai halibut rice health benefits
Thai Halibut Rice can be a healthy recipe as it provides a good source of protein from the halibut, and also includes vegetables and brown rice which are high in fiber and vitamins. Additionally, Thai cuisine often features herbs and spices that are known for their health benefits, such as turmeric and ginger, which have anti-inflammatory properties. However, it is important to note that this recipe can be high in sodium from ingredients like soy sauce and fish sauce, so it is important to consume in moderation. If you are looking for an even healthier recipe, you could try a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry which is also protein-rich, high in fiber and low in sodium.