Hello food enthusiasts! Today, I am thrilled to share with you all a classic Vietnamese dish that will bring a taste of Southeast Asia to your kitchen. This recipe features flavorful Vietnamese sausage paired with fragrant jasmine rice, creating a hearty meal that is not only delicious but easy to make using your trusty rice cooker. So, let’s get started and cook up some mouth-watering Vietnamese sausage rice! We’ve made this vietnamese sausage rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
Here’s the ingredient list in HTML unordered list:“`HTML
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb Vietnamese sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
- Rinse the rice well and drain it properly. Place the rice in a pan with the water and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium flame and add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped onions and cook until they become soft and translucent. Stir them occasionally for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the sliced Vietnamese sausage and cook it for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes lightly browned. Stir it occasionally.
- Take a small bowl, add soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper into it. Whisk it well.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the sausage and stir it to coat all pieces evenly.
- Add the thinly sliced green onions to the pan, and cook for an additional minute until they are just tender.
- Serve the sausage mixture over the cooked rice, and enjoy!
How long does vietnamese sausage rice last in the fridge?
Vietnamese sausage rice typically contains cooked rice, Vietnamese sausages, and various herbs and spices, which may impact the shelf life of the dish. After cooking and storage in the refrigerator, Vietnamese sausage rice typically remains safe to consume for 3-4 days. It is important to store the rice in an airtight container to prevent bacteria growth and to reheat it thoroughly before consuming. If you are unsure about the safety of your leftover Vietnamese sausage rice, it is best to err on the side of caution and discard it. As a general rule, it is always best to consume leftovers within a few days to ensure freshness and safety.
Low calorie vietnamese sausage rice recipe substitutions
To make this Vietnamese sausage rice recipe lower in calories, a few substitutions can be made. First, the white rice can be swapped for brown rice, as it is higher in fiber and can help keep you feeling full for longer. Second, the amount of oil used in the recipe can be reduced or swapped for a low calorie cooking spray. Third, the Vietnamese sausage can be replaced with a leaner protein like chicken breast or tofu, and the amount of it can also be reduced. Lastly, the sugar in the recipe can be substituted with a sugar substitute like stevia or skipped altogether. By making these substitutions, the recipe can be made lower in calories without sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a vietnamese sausage rice?
Vietnamese sausage rice is a delicious and filling dish that can be served on its own, but it can also be complemented with other dishes to create a balanced and flavorful meal. To add some freshness and crunch to the dish, you could serve it with a side of fresh cucumber or lettuce salad, dressed with a simple vinaigrette. You could also add some depth and complexity to the meal by serving a steaming bowl of pho or another Vietnamese soup, such as bun bo hue or bun rieu. Finally, to add a sweet and refreshing note, serve some sliced fresh fruit, such as mango or pineapple, on the side. These dishes will complement the rich and savory flavors of the sausage rice, creating a satisfying and satisfying meal.
Whats the best sauce for a vietnamese sausage rice?
The best sauce for Vietnamese sausage rice is Nuoc Cham, a classic Vietnamese dipping sauce made of fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, garlic, and chili peppers. It has a perfect balance of sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors that complements the savory and slightly sweet taste of the Vietnamese sausage. To make the sauce, combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, minced garlic, and thinly sliced chili peppers in a bowl. Mix well until the sugar dissolves, and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve the Nuoc Cham on the side of the rice and sausage dish, and drizzle it over the sausage and rice if desired. Enjoy!
Vietnamese sausage rice health benefits
Vietnamese sausage rice, also known as com chien cha lua, is a popular dish that combines fragrant jasmine rice with flavorful slices of Vietnamese sausage, vegetables and seasonings. While this dish is tasty and satisfying, it is not particularly nutritious. The sausage used in the dish is typically high in fat and sodium, which can be a concern for individuals with high blood pressure, heart disease or other health issues. To make a healthier dish, consider swapping the Vietnamese sausage for lean protein sources like chicken, tofu or seafood and incorporating more vegetables to boost the nutritional value of the dish. For example, stir-fried vegetables with brown rice and grilled chicken would be a nutritious and flavorful alternative to Vietnamese sausage rice.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!