Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! If you’re looking for a flavorful one-pot meal that’s easy to prepare, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’re excited to share with you our delicious recipe for Vietnamese Snapper Rice, which combines fragrant jasmine rice with succulent snapper fillet, aromatic herbs, and a range of mouthwatering spices. The best part? This recipe can be made entirely in your rice cooker, meaning minimal effort for maximum taste. So, grab your ingredients and let’s get cooking! We’ve made this vietnamese snapper rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 lb snapper fish, filleted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or fish broth
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Rinse 2 cups of Jasmine rice several times with water until the water runs clear. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat and sauté 4 cloves of minced garlic and 1 small onion that has been finely chopped until fragrant and softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 small finely chopped carrot and 1 small finely chopped bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well with the vegetables, making sure the rice is coated with oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chicken or fish broth into the pan and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add 1 lb of snapper fish, filleted and cut into bite-sized pieces, on top of the rice mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp of fish sauce, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp of sugar, and 1/4 tsp of black pepper. Pour the sauce on top of the snapper fish.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until the rice and fish are fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let the pan with the lid on for another 10-15 minutes to let the flavors absorb.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro leaves (if using) and serve with lime wedges on the side.
How long does vietnamese snapper rice last in the fridge?
Vietnamese snapper rice is a delicious dish made using fish and rice along with other ingredients like ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and vegetables. It is important to keep in mind that while storing this dish in the fridge, it should be placed in an airtight container immediately after cooking and left to cool before being refrigerated. This dish can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, however, it is recommended to consume it as soon as possible for optimal freshness and taste. It should be reheated thoroughly before serving to ensure food safety.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie vietnamese snapper rice recipe substitutions
To make this Vietnamese Snapper Rice recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Instead of using Jasmine rice, you can substitute it with cauliflower rice or brown rice. Additionally, instead of using vegetable oil, you can use a non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of olive oil. For the fish broth, you can use a low-sodium or unsalted option, and for the fish sauce and oyster sauce, you can use low-sodium options or reduce the amount used in the recipe. Lastly, instead of using white sugar, you can use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup in moderation. These substitutions will help to reduce the calorie count of the dish without compromising on flavor.
What to serve with a vietnamese snapper rice?
Vietnamese snapper rice is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be paired with a variety of sides. For a complete meal, serve with a side of steamed or stir-fried vegetables such as bok choy, broccoli, or green beans. A refreshing papaya salad or cucumber salad with a tangy dressing would also complement the dish well. To add some crunch, serve with shrimp chips or prawn crackers on the side. And finally, a cold beer or glass of white wine would be the perfect finishing touch.
Whats the best sauce for a vietnamese snapper rice?
The best sauce for Vietnamese snapper rice is a combination of fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, garlic, and chili. This sauce enhances the flavors of the snapper rice by adding a sweet, salty, and tangy taste. To make the sauce, mix fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and garlic in a bowl. Add chopped chili for a spicy kick. Adjust the taste to your liking and serve the sauce on the side or pour over the snapper rice. This sauce complements the delicate and fresh flavor of the snapper and elevates the overall dining experience. Enjoy!
Vietnamese snapper rice health benefits
Vietnamese snapper rice is a nutritious dish that offers several health benefits. The dish is rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential nutrients, which help to build and repair tissues, maintain strong bones, and support healthy brain function. The use of aromatic herbs and spices like lemongrass, garlic, and ginger adds flavor and provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. However, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative, you can try grilled salmon with roasted vegetables. This dish is similarly high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, but lower in sodium and carbohydrates. The roasted vegetables are also rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which support healthy digestion and immunity.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!