Welcome to Rice Cookers 101! If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish, look no further than Vietnamese Spinach Rice. This flavorful dish is made with fragrant jasmine rice, fresh spinach, and a mix of Vietnamese seasonings that are sure to please your palate. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of greens in a tasty and nutritious way. Follow along as we walk you through the steps to making this delicious dish in your rice cooker. We’ve made this vietnamese spinach rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
Here’s the HTML code for the ingredient list as an unordered list:“`HTML
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
- First, let’s start cooking the rice. Take a medium saucepan and pour 1 cup of rinsed and drained jasmine rice into it. Add 1 1/4 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pot, and put it on the stove over high heat. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the pot with a tightly fitting lid. Allow it to simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, let’s prepare the spinach mixture. Take a large skillet and put 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into it. Heat it over medium-high heat. Once the oil has heated up, dice a small onion and mince 2 cloves of garlic. Add them to the skillet and let them sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Once the onion has cooked, add 4 cups of freshly washed and chopped spinach to the skillet. Keep sautéing it with the onion and garlic for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and tender.
- Now, it’s time to mix in the seasonings. Stir in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and the juice from one lime. Mix everything together well.
- Your spinach mixture is now ready. Remove the skillet from heat.
- The rice should be cooked by now. Once it’s done, remove the pot from heat, but don’t remove the lid. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes then fluff it up with a fork.
- All that’s left to do is to assemble the dish. Place the cooked rice into serving bowls and spoon the spinach mixture over it. Stir everything together gently and serve.
How long does vietnamese spinach rice last in the fridge?
Vietnamese spinach rice can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days after cooking. It is important to make sure that the rice is completely cooled before storing it, as allowing it to cool slowly can promote the growth of harmful bacteria. When reheating the rice, be sure to do so thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to kill any bacteria that may have grown. Additionally, if the rice has been sitting out at room temperature for more than two hours, it should be discarded to avoid the risk of foodborne illness.
Low calorie vietnamese spinach rice recipe substitutions
To make this Vietnamese Spinach Rice recipe lower in calories, you can make a few substitutions. First, swap the jasmine rice for a lower-calorie option like brown rice or quinoa. You can also reduce the amount of oil used by sautéing the vegetables in vegetable broth or water instead. Replace half or all of the soy sauce with a low-sodium version and reduce the amount of fish sauce. Finally, use a non-stick cooking spray instead of oil to reduce the amount of calories when cooking the rice. With these substitutions, you can enjoy a healthier and lower-calorie version of this delicious dish.
What to serve with a vietnamese spinach rice?
Vietnamese spinach rice is a delicious side dish that pairs well with a variety of Vietnamese dishes. To keep with the theme, popular options include serving it with grilled lemongrass chicken, beef pho or hearty curries. You could also pair it with a simple stir-fry of vegetables such as bok choy and carrots or a crispy tofu dish. To add a bit of freshness and texture, you could also serve it with a side salad of mixed greens and fresh herbs dressed in a light vinaigrette. Overall, the options are endless and can cater to any taste preference.
Whats the best sauce for a vietnamese spinach rice?
Vietnamese spinach rice is a delicious and light Vietnamese dish that pairs well with a variety of sauces. One of the best sauces for this dish is a simple mixture of soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, and a touch of sugar. This sauce provides a tangy and slightly sweet flavor that complements the nuttiness of the spinach rice perfectly. To prepare the sauce, simply mix together all the ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Serve the sauce on the side or drizzle it over the rice for a burst of flavor. Other options include a spicy sriracha mayo or a creamy peanut sauce.
Vietnamese spinach rice health benefits
Vietnamese spinach rice has several health benefits. Spinach, the main ingredient, is a nutrient-dense leafy green vegetable that is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron, calcium, and antioxidants. It is also known for promoting healthy digestion, lowering blood pressure, and reducing inflammation. Brown rice used in the recipe is a whole grain that is high in fiber, protein, and several essential minerals. Additionally, the use of fresh herbs in Vietnamese cuisine, such as cilantro and mint, provides even more health-promoting compounds. Overall, Vietnamese spinach rice is a nutritious and tasty dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!