Hello and welcome to Rice Cookers 101! Today, we have a delicious recipe for you that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds – Vietnamese Trout Rice. This dish is a perfect combination of tangy, spicy, and savory flavors that will leave you craving for more. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make using a rice cooker, so even if you’re not a seasoned chef, you can still impress your family and friends with this mouth-watering recipe. So, let’s get started! We’ve made this vietnamese trout rice recipe easy to follow 👨🍳. If you’re looking for our favorite rice cookers to make this recipe, check out our list of top rice cookers here.
- 1 whole trout, cleaned and scaled
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic.3. Place the trout on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the fish with the sauce.4. Bake the trout in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is cooked through.5. While the trout is baking, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.6. Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir well to coat the rice with the oil.7. Continue stirring the rice until it is heated through.8. When the trout is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.9. Gently remove the skin from the trout and discard.10. Divide the rice into bowls and place a trout fillet on top of each serving.11. Garnish with the sliced green onions and cilantro leaves. 12. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
How long does vietnamese trout rice last in the fridge?
Vietnamese trout rice is a popular dish made with trout fish, rice, and various Vietnamese spices and seasonings. Once the dish has been cooked, it can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. However, it is important to store it properly in an airtight container to prevent any contamination. It is also recommended to reheat the dish thoroughly before consuming it, and to discard any leftovers that have been left out at room temperature for more than two hours. Overall, Vietnamese trout rice can be a delicious and nutritious meal option, but it is important to practice proper food safety when storing and reheating it.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!
Low calorie vietnamese trout rice recipe substitutions
To make this Vietnamese Trout Rice recipe lower in calorie, some substitutions can be made. First, the trout can be swapped for a low-fat fish such as tilapia or cod, which are also cheaper options. Second, instead of 2 cups of cooked rice, 1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice can be used. This will reduce the calorie and carbohydrate content of the dish. Third, instead of honey, a zero-calorie sweetener such as Stevia or artificial sweeteners can be used. Fourth, instead of vegetable oil, a small amount of cooking spray or unsweetened applesauce can be used. Finally, reducing the amount of sauce used or omitting the use of sauce altogether can significantly lower calorie content. These substitutions will provide a healthy, lower calorie option for the Vietnamese Trout Rice recipe.
What to serve with a vietnamese trout rice?
When serving Vietnamese trout rice, you can serve it with a variety of Vietnamese vegetable and herb accompaniments, such as bean sprouts, cucumber, sliced lettuce or cabbage, Thai basil, and mint. You could also add some nuoc cham dipping sauce on the side for extra flavor. To complement the dish, you could make a side of Vietnamese pickles or a refreshing papaya salad. Additionally, some crispy fried spring rolls or dumplings would be a delicious addition to round out the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a vietnamese trout rice?
One of the best sauces for Vietnamese trout rice is nuoc cham, a classic dipping sauce made with fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chili garlic sauce. It provides a perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors that complement the lightness of the trout and the freshness of the herbs and vegetables. To make nuoc cham, simply stir together the ingredients until the sugar dissolves and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve on the side or drizzle over the rice and trout for a delicious and authentic Vietnamese meal.
Vietnamese trout rice health benefits
Vietnamese trout rice is a dish made with trout fillet, mixed with herbs, vegetables, and jasmine rice, making it a healthy and nutritious option. Trout is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps reduce inflammation and improve heart health. Additionally, the vegetables and herbs included in the dish provide essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium, which protect against chronic diseases. The jasmine rice also provides a good source of carbohydrates to fuel the body. Overall, Vietnamese trout rice is a healthy and balanced meal option. However, if you are looking for a different recipe that is even healthier, you could try a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry. Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, and with the added vegetables, it provides a good dose of vitamins and minerals.
Check out more of our favorite rice cookers below!